Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Firearms at roadblock

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Toyota Rollux, 100 KM per hour only I shit you not…

Sent from my Fax Machine.
    Wow ok, glad you came out looking better than the gun!

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Wow ok, glad you came out looking better than the gun!
    Thanks yeah shit happens, but I always thought “what do they know” ill wedge my gun between the seat and center console, fuck kydex holsters and aiwb….
    Obviously I learnt the hard way, well one of the many hard ways of learning why its not advised…

User

Toyota Rollux, 100 KM per hour only I shit you not…

Rather a Toyota Rollux than a Toyota Flatron...

User

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot1 View Post
    Kaptein L I agree wholeheartedly with the majority of your points. Especially where you indicate that one should thank the officers for doing a dangerous job for our safety. A few bad apples give all SAPS a bad name, and that is not the case. I do agree they are underfunded, poorly trained these days compared t the 90s and early 2000s, and poorly paid.

Out of interest, what is the logic of saying "I have nothing t declare"? Because I cannot see that this would warrant an officer letting you go if he has just cause to search your vehicle and person (I still don't agree with responding with this term when stopped - each to his own).
    If said officer have an justifiable suspicion that he needs to search you he is going to command you to step out of the vehicle and start to search you and your vehicle he is not going to exchange pleasantry's with you.

I cannot now recall the article in SAPS legislation that grants a police official said right without an search warrant abut it is catered for.

User

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot1 View Post
    M43 you actually just sound like an insecure guy who WANTS to disagree with guys on the internet to make yourself feel like more of a man.
    Seriously, you think you are some B-Grade action hero in an 80s film.
    Grow up!
    Like Ripley in Aliens or Col Wilma During in Buck Rogers? Or maybe April in Knightrider?

User

At least you could get a carry gun with a better trigger after that. Glad you and the family are ok.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein L View Post
    If said officer have an justifiable suspicion that he needs to search you he is going to command you to step out of the vehicle and start to search you and your vehicle he is not going to exchange pleasantry's with you.

I cannot now recall the article in SAPS legislation that grants a police official said right without an search warrant abut it is catered for.
    Reasonable suspicion is the word or section that you are looking for....thats the only way they can search your vehicle without a warrant...but the the fun part is for a cop in any instance,not just a roadblock....to PROVE reasonable suspicion in a court....its not as simple as the guy looked supicious, or acted suspicious....lawayers wil have a field day in court

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    At least you could get a carry gun with a better trigger after that. Glad you and the family are ok.
    100%
    That trigger was a hate crime…
    Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Like Ripley in Aliens or Col Wilma During in Buck Rogers? Or maybe April in Knightrider?
    Hey, come on! Aliens was not a B-grade movie for its time. Lol.

Keeping your gun on your person while driving has many more pros than cons, I am not going to try to convince you of anything though, how you keep your handgun while driving has got fokkol to do with me and thats perfectly fine

We (my young family and I) got side swiped by a car from the oncoming side of the highway, I was doing 100 KM per hour, down an incline, rolled 5 times and eventually picked up the 2 pieces of this gun about 60 meters away from the wreck….

Anything loose in a car can become a projectile in an accident, I prefer to keep my life saving tool on my body obviously…

Totally agree. I was rear ended from behind by a vehicle doing around 70km/ph. Over a month later I am still recovering and processing the force, damage and injuries involved. Objects from the front of the car were in the back. If it is not fixed or tied down its going airborne at speed. A loose gun with its weight will become a lethal projectile. If anyone thinks that they will be able to hold onto it even if in their hand or under a thigh think again. You will have zero body control.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast