Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: M&P 15-22 Safety Recall

Could you please measure or have the gauge measured and divulge the dimensions, as soon as you get the guage? Appreciated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Could you please measure or have the gauge measured and divulge the dimensions, as soon as you get the guage? Appreciated.
    If you follow the link they will send you your own it’s free with free delivery it seems. But for sure I can measure it also.

User

Didn't ever get around to updating this thread.

The good gents at MRST inspected my bolt for me and found it to be within spec.

I've not heard anything from S&W about the gauges that they supposedly shipped to me.

But, happy to have had the chance to remove the bolt. Ended up giving it its first clean.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Didn't ever get around to updating this thread.

The good gents at MRST inspected my bolt for me and found it to be within spec.

I've not heard anything from S&W about the gauges that they supposedly shipped to me.

But, happy to have had the chance to remove the bolt. Ended up giving it its first clean.
    Do you have a vernier or depth guage to measure your bolt recess? It would be appreciated.

User

Do you have a vernier or depth guage to measure your bolt recess? It would be appreciated.
    Sorry chap, I don't. I took my bolt to MRST and they checked it out for me at their shop.

At the time of inspection I was too busy swooning over the M&P2.0 series to care about what was going on with the bolt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Sorry chap, I don't. I took my bolt to MRST and they checked it out for me at their shop.

At the time of inspection I was too busy swooning over the M&P2.0 series to care about what was going on with the bolt.
    No problem, I'll give then a call. If I find the unicorn value I'll post it for everyone.

User

No problem, I'll give then a call. If I find the unicorn value I'll post it for everyone.
    Has anybody found out what the "unicorn" value is of the depth of the bolt recess on a 15-22?

User

Has anybody found out what the "unicorn" value is of the depth of the bolt recess on a 15-22?
    I got one. It’s .035” checked on two calipers.

Found on the forums. Hope it helps.

Jacques

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Thank you very much, I'll measure mine. I totally forgot about this thread, but yesterday while cleaning mine (after 500 plus Remington thunderbolts is looked necessary), I saw the recess.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5