Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: When to draw

User

Default Re: When to draw

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    Do yourself a favor and watch this YouTube series. Someone posted this on the fb GS page a while back. It's 10 episodes and a couple hours worth of content, but it's a great start to getting your head in the right space.

Concealed Carry Lecture, FPFTraining

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...L2ROyN-TSdDGLq

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much keepleft, im on the 4th episode so far, alot of it so far is pretty basic, but exactly what i was looking for. Appreciate it.

User

Had a similar discussion with a friend the other day. He said a interestingly enough thing, how do you escalate an encounter? What is minimum or now sufficient force to stop an attack?

As I mentioned previously drawing must be a last resort. What can be done to protect yourself in a situation that has not escalated far enough to "justify drawing".

Get out of the situation,
    Negotiate the situation,
    Pepper Spray,
    Negotiate the situation,
    Use expandable baton or similar @#$% tool,
    Negotiate the situation,
    If you life is threatened draw and shoot.

I do not feel that drawing and threatening is an option as I was trained to disarm someone with a firearm and it is very very easy to lose your firearm.

Don Gold used to say: You only have 2 reactions, flee or fight. Choose wisely.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

User

here in durban, old man got into road rage with truck driver, had a tussle that was broken up
    decided to go back and get his gun to threaten the driver, then hit the driver with it

driver got hands on, old man shot his own thumb off. i shall find the video

a gun seems to have become a "i will fuck you up" tool rather than a pew pew no more threat tool

Always think, what if you draw to threaten, and the other guy draws to shoot

Im def no jerry miculek when it comes to rounds on target

User

Very good thought, who has now acted in Self defence, no1 or no2?

User

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggun View Post

Very good thought, who has now acted in Self defence, no1 or no2?

If number one is dead he cant really give his side of the story
    number two claims gun was drawn on him an had no choice to react

There seems to be a lot of "big dickery" going around with having a gun

i would rather go home alive if i can get away

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    If number one is dead he cant really give his side of the story
    number two claims gun was drawn on him an had no choice to react

There seems to be a lot of "big dickery" going around with having a gun

i would rather go home alive if i can get away
    I agree,

I want to go home alive as I grew up with Bill Jordan's book, No Second Place Winners.

User

Thanks again for all the replies.
    Definitely not the aggressive, "I will pull a gun to get my point across" type of person.

Up until a year ago, I actually hated guns, but im open-minded, so went to the range and had a brilliant instructor who didn't make the experience overwhelming.
    I then walked away loving it.

I do find the gun community at two ends of the spectrum, either super friendly and the most helpful bunch of people. Or, "don't look at me or i will shoot you" aggressive type of people.

I've even been ignored while walking into a gunshop, looking and sounding like a noob, even though I had 15K plus to spend in my pocket for a first purchase. Luckily, i found a few really nice gunshops to deal with and they will now get my money.

Sorry for the long story off topic. Just wanted to say thanks again to all the really helpful people on this forum

User

Quote Originally Posted by GarethBrowne View Post
    I've even been ignored while walking into a gunshop, looking and sounding like a noob, even though I had 15K plus to spend in my pocket for a first purchase. Luckily, i found a few really nice gunshops to deal with and they will now get my money.
    I have had this many times...
    Last edited by Steven001; 27-03-2019 at 13:29. Reason: Quote mistake

User

Thanks again for all the replies.
    Definitely not the aggressive, "I will pull a gun to get my point across" type of person.

Up until a year ago, I actually hated guns, but im open-minded, so went to the range and had a brilliant instructor who didn't make the experience overwhelming.
    I then walked away loving it.

I do find the gun community at two ends of the spectrum, either super friendly and the most helpful bunch of people. Or, "don't look at me or i will shoot you" aggressive type of people.

Sorry for the long story off topic. Just wanted to say thanks again to all the really helpful people on this forum

yeah unfortunately (as with any growing community) people can be their own worst enemies

from shops selling whats in stock to new buyers, to "decantering" ak magazines for extra profit, to blatant lies

to people using the "im more dedicated than you therefore only I should have SLRs etc"

then you get the guys that want to help, offer great advice, friendly etc, thats most of gunsite i find (apart for some religious topics that get heated)

you will soon learn what shops deserve your money and where to go to for great advice :)

Gunsite has given me knowledge

User

Stories like these always makes me think of this joke:

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/jokes/new-salesman/75114/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast