Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Acro

User

Default Re: Aimpoint Acro

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    But doesn't it look big and chunky compared to other RDS's
    Give Aimpoint more credit - they are very astute and expert in what they do.

The Acro is narrower and lower in height than the Delta Point and only 0.08" (less than 2mm) longer.
    Last edited by DS; 04-04-2019 at 08:42.

User

Acro:
    L = 47mm / 1.9"
    W= 30mm / 1.2"
    H= 30mm / 1.2"

Delta Point:
    L= 46.23mm / 1.82"
    W= 33.78mm / 1.33"
    H= 33.78mm / 1.33"

User

I think it is perceived to be bigger as it is a block. Its a tool, to me the looks do not matter.

1) weather proof. can be used in the rain with out affecting the dot. I have had light rain on to my optic.
    2) fluff proof. having carried a optic, the lens collects fluff which can result(if it is not cleaned regularly) in the dot being seen to lekker.
    3) takes a bashing without having to worry about breaking the glass and not seeing a dot anymore. Ask any Optic user if they going to aggressively rack the slide using any of the current optics on the market. I have had a glass failure on my optic during a IDPA match.

I have not physically seen this optic. but I will own one eventually. I think it has solved a number of carry optic issues.

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    I think it is perceived to be bigger as it is a block. Its a tool, to me the looks do not matter.

1) weather proof. can be used in the rain with out affecting the dot. I have had light rain on to my optic.
    2) fluff proof. having carried a optic, the lens collects fluff which can result(if it is not cleaned regularly) in the dot being seen to lekker.
    3) takes a bashing without having to worry about breaking the glass and not seeing a dot anymore. Ask any Optic user if they going to aggressively rack the slide using any of the current optics on the market. I have had a glass failure on my optic during a IDPA match.

I have not physically seen this optic. but I will own one eventually. I think it has solved a number of carry optic issues.

The tube construction seems really cool and does protect the laser from interference. I can't wait to see one and test it.

User

With regards the size, which seems to concern people.

I stuck my 17 in the Raven Eidolon I was carrying yesterday and it concealed no different to my 17 with any other optic I've tried.

When I get the card for the gun I can try more experimentation, but I'm confident that appendix at least its not going to make a difference.

User

Got my first rounds through it today. Nothing scientific , just wanted to zero and get a feel for it, didn't have my timer or rig with.

When I zero a Red Dot I normally check where its shooting at 5m to see where it is and then zero at 25M. Always a nice sign when the first round hits the middle of the X :) Needed to move it a couple inches left at 25 and a little bit up and it was good to go.

Clicks on the windage and elevation adjustment were very subtle but can be felt.

Ive been asked if the lens is big enough for gaming, I had no issues finding the dot drawing from my carry holster, and even running doubles as fast as I could run the trigger at 5m the dot didn't leave the screen.

So far I am happy it will work for competition and I'm prepared to lose a little bit of screen for the durability I expect.

Dot was nice and bright and about as round as my eyes see them.

I may need a couple more of these

User

What's the RRP?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    What's the RRP?
    R9990 at hailstorm.

plus about R870 for the MOS Glock or CZ base

User

Compared to RMR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

So T let me play with his Acro for a few rounds, man that thing is nice and worth the price tag!

It looks blocky from the side and i thought it may be like looking through a toilet tube, but once i was behind it it looked like a nomal handgun RDS and didnt obsure my target any more than a delta point pro i checked out,

Its very cool!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast