Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Aimpoint Acro

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Drifting off topic a bit but half decent iron sights and a handgun will easily make consistent IDPA headshots at 50 metres (longer if a decent shooter). But yes red dots make it easier in not having to focus on a rear and front sight. The problem comes in finding the red dot in a hurry. I think that might require some practice.
    I can find my red dot about as fast as my irons.

I can find my irons faster than most I would hazard.

User

Default Re: Aimpoint Acro

Quote Originally Posted by neilh View Post
    1 box of 1000 primers if you can hit 5 shots out of 15 into an IDPA headbox at 50m unsupported
    That is a good bet dude.

I was going to say that I do not know many shooters who will able to consistently hit head shots at 50m.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    That is a good bet dude.

I was going to say that I do not know many shooters who will able to consistently hit head shots at 50m.
    No the average guy wont but just spend a bit of time around a metallic sihouette range and you begin to realise what is possible with a handgun and practice.Some of the guys are phenomenal.This I first saw in the mid 80's before equipment really advanced. Having been around guns as long as you have I am pretty sure you have seen enough that would be able to do it.That the average guy can't do either through lack of training, sights or practice doesn't mean that it is not achievable.I think that we need to change our mindset as to what a handgun can do.That only comes from pushing our own boundaries.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    No the average guy wont but just spend a bit of time around a metallic sihouette range and you begin to realise what is possible with a handgun and practice.Some of the guys are phenomenal.This I first saw in the mid 80's before equipment really advanced. Having been around guns as long as you have I am pretty sure you have seen enough that would be able to do it.That the average guy can't do either through lack of training, sights or practice doesn't mean that it is not achievable.I think that we need to change our mindset as to what a handgun can do.That only comes from pushing our own boundaries.
    So, is this a yes or no?

User

Sage Dynamics Review is out -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4