User

Default EOTech® 512.A65 / 1 Reflex Sight vs the EOTech XPS2

Was Just wondering what the XPS has over the 512 , besides being more compact?
    Does anybody know? I would like to fit it on a Roni. The Height of the two are basically the same

Default Re: EOTech® 512.A65 / 1 Reflex Sight vs the EOTech XPS2

Requires less rail space (a huge issue for military users), compatible with the same CR123 batteries most use in their tac torches, better sealed from the elements, should also be slightlly lighter if both have batteries installed but the difference will be hard to tell if balance is good.

Either is good gear if you don't mind the relatively short battery life...which is no big deal for some and a major thing to others. Both do have an auto shutoff after 8hr as well as a low battery warning built in.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Thanks ikor the Roni has ample rail space and I wont be using it for any Military purposes so I think I might go for the 512 as it is a good R1200 cheaper

JJ what price are they asking and from whom as Im considering getting 1 instead of a C more for my Roni as well.
    SEMPER PARATUS

User

Jason sent you a PM let me know cheers

User

The Eotech with in line batteries like the 512 were reported by some to give problems with extended use on 5,56 carbines due to battery connectors taking too much hammering. Those reports were mostly on very high round count usage.

The XPS has a transverse battery placement which solves the problem.

Kyle DeFoor uses the Eotech XPS - here is a good review with the Head Line which says it all http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010/01/return-of-eotech.html

Quote Originally Posted by jjmeyer View Post
    Thanks ikor the Roni has ample rail space and I wont be using it for any Military purposes so I think I might go for the 512 as it is a good R1200 cheaper
    Difference is more like R650 but let's see when they have landed! Very soon.
    If all else fails, use a bigger mousetrap

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    The Eotech with in line batteries like the 512 were reported by some to give problems with extended use on 5,56 carbines due to battery connectors taking too much hammering. Those reports were mostly on very high round count usage.

The XPS has a transverse battery placement which solves the problem.

Kyle DeFoor uses the Eotech XPS - here is a good review with the Head Line which says it all http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010/01/return-of-eotech.html
    In all fairness I must add that you would most probably never see the battery problem when used on the Roni so the 512 will be gtg imo.

User

Thanks Kumba thats what I resoned as well....... as they say with the Roni the recoil is similiar to a .22 BUT I went with the XPS in any event as the extra R500 was maybe the right choice at the time as I see it recieved MANY international awards in 2009 as the best reflex sight in 2009 by some.

I personally think you made a smart move! You can also use it for a full caliber carbine later if you get one.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!