Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Walk-in safe: Building it my way...

Good, members I commenced building a walk in safe...today I completed the foundations , will upload photos..this safe is being build onto a part of my house wall..it will be build with hollow bricks...:
    Reason:
    My house is plastered finishing...the safe outside walls will be plastered the same as my house`s outside so it will not be visible as an extra building../or add-on...it will be solid bricks since all the hollow cement bricks will be filled with concrete and steel rods..there will be no windows ect..the safe door will be inside my garage..

I would like to know from fellow members about aspects I need to take in account please?????

User

Default Re: Walk-in safe: Building it my way...

Gert, you following the SABS specifications?

User

User

I think it prudent to call this structure a Strong room ...Looking at al the requirements of a strong room I would be able to comply to all the requirements... This will be a solid concrete building structure and I will insert re-reinforcement into the walls as well as reinforcement in the roof which will be a solid cast roof with a lot of reinforcement whereby I will build a reinforcement frame and cast concrete onto it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Gert, you following the SABS specifications?
    Yes, as pointed out..in my last post..this building structure will be a "beast"..better than Osama Benladin`s hideout...

User

As always the answer is on the forum,,,,
    Here is a video I got on a similar thread on the forum..this really looks great..mine will not that spacious but still enough room to be a nice strong room

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    As always the answer is on the forum,,,,
    Here is a video I got on a similar thread on the forum..this really looks great..mine will not that spacious but still enough room to be a nice strong room
    Very impressive

Roof must be so heavy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Here are a few photos of the concrete surface completed today, will start building on Friday...
    1a2dfa18-8572-4f16-b165-ac1eeeae543e.jpg94b4ab39-f3d9-4a33-8c2e-e0e186e55ef3.jpgd032c505-a795-4f46-956d-175f04df7eaf.jpg684fff05-fb56-4ccb-86d7-7d8593e5c8a5.jpg
    The foundations are 400 mm wide and 200 mm thick/deep

User

I dont know how to fix it but my strong room has damp issues not damp in the walls just the fact that it seals tightly with no airflow. Baie bedompig. Also remember to wire a light i did not think about lighting i know stupid but still worth a mention.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    I dont know how to fix it but my strong room has damp issues not damp in the walls just the fact that it seals tightly with no airflow. Baie bedompig. Also remember to wire a light i did not think about lighting i know stupid but still worth a mention.
    Yes, I agree, I will install wall plugs/electricity connectors , extractor fan, lights, coffee machine re-loading bench, folding table as a gunsmith table ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast