Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Witbors Kraai - Raven what ever you call the white chested ones.

I was asked to help a farmer out with shooting out a group of about 11 Pied crows or Ravens (not the black crow). As we know crows can be very intelligent, learn and teach each other, even recognize past threat persons and educate other crows. The crows in question have become masters of killing goats, 4 this year with a couple that pulled through. I am told that they just sit on the animal and systematically eat a hole in its back. I have not sat and discussed matter in depth, but was told "they eat the back area out and eyes - I only saw a cow that was alive but suffered the same ordeal, they sat on her and just pecked away crow after crow day after day.
    Reason for posting, I failed dismally - never got within a km of group, they in air when vehicle is 100 m from farm house and 2 km from them. When we walk to suspect area they already on the thermals before we even breach last hill for line of site visual. I am convinced these politically correct Alfred Hitchcock escapee's are genetically modified super birds. They just never there, always over theeeeere !!!
    ************ please tell me how do I shoot them - how do I get close enough to put a .204 into problem. farmer has been mumbling about poison being only answer when they get this wise.
    *********** any clever man beats bird brain tricks I need to learn ?

User

Default Re: Witbors Kraai - Raven what ever you call the white chested ones.

A good friend of mine uses a bird caller called Scare Crow. He developed the calling sounds himself. Works the same way you call a jackal at night. Pm me your details and I will let him get intouch with you.
    Regards EB

User

https://www.jaracal.com/viewtopic.ph...17&hilit=Kraai

Hi Treeman, from what I have read on Jaracal it is quite difficult to get the buggers. You can place decoys and call them in.

User

Banned

Banned

I have contacted this guy - waiting for his response.

Banned

Jacques has posted in the thread below.

https://www.jaracal.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64717

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have contacted this guy - waiting for his response.
    Did you get hold of him?
    If not, PM me if you need decoys and calling sounds.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Is it just me? I'd have an almost irresistible urge to put a load into the damned speaker ;-{>}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

When we take them on at farms. We take my trusty HW100 in 5.5mm. And the O/U's. First one I will get with the HW and the it seems the whole family of crows comes from far and wide to complain and swirl around the dead one. At this point the O/U's make quick work of them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast