Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Before Pre 64 gets down to it- I will announce it my self.

Went clay shooting for my 3rd time Yesterday - been twice, before where the clays come from sides. I thought I did "ok" even had some advisers come and move my head or legs or but in shoulder. Yesterday I went to shoot those clays that come up in front and move away from you. I was so confident I even took my greatest admirer with. "thank you Dad". I got permission for him to partake by standing to left behind me and pass new shells. He did this with the serious diligence only able from a 11 year old. The first clay was masterfully blown up with second barrel and a uncontrolled "yyyEESSS !" came from my side and I swelled with pride.My finesse even amazed myself.
    There after I proceeded to masterfully disturb the piece, burst the silence disrupt the expectations of even the worst shooter there. I missed so many clays so persistently that the only one old lady sitting there, obviously dragged against her Lady like will but doing her married duty burst in applause and a YYYYaaayy when I eventually hit another clay some time later in the day.
    At end of the shoot I went to have a beer just to show I did not care, it did not matter, before I would cowering off in parking lot direction and take my boy home. I would politely remind him that I never told any one about the time before he learnt to move his pants away when doing a #2 in the bush. Its the same thing my boy i never told any one - same for you now.__________
    Had my escape all planned.
    This chap comes up to me, " regarding your score Dave" - I died a little bit, I really thought I was going to be asked not to do compo shoots again till I had had some lessons moered into me. Turns out I have won a half Springbuck, something to do with lowest score ever and making even the club Laggee feel good about his score. Turns out i must be there next Thursday to collect my prize.
    Soooo regardless of what Pre 64 tells yoi, thats how it went down.
    Honest as the presidents speach's this tale is.

Banned

Default Re: Before Pre 64 gets down to it- I will announce it my self.

If this is dinkum, I can sympathise with you. My worst was 5/25.

User

You got it all wrong.
    You took your shotgun out the safe,brought your son to the club and participated.I RO'd when you shot and no matter the score,you enjoyed yourself and so did your son.
    After the shoot,your lightie broke some hand thrown clays with the little 410 and he is keen to come again.That is what counts....more important than any score you post. [It was quite funny though the way Cody cheered when you hit clay no.23]

User

driepootx....you beat treeman by a substantial margin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    driepootx....you beat treeman by a substantial margin.
    I also got a 3 and a a 2 I think ------------- separated by about 23 shots x 2 barrels.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    There after I proceeded to masterfully disturb the piece, burst the silence disrupt the expectations of even the worst shooter there. I missed so many clays so persistently that the only one old lady sitting there, obviously dragged against her Lady like will but doing her married duty burst in applause and a YYYYaaayy when I eventually hit another clay some time later in the day.
    This is the reason I don't own a shotgun yet

User

i have done 5 official shoots now in 5 years, and in between I had 1 day each time of some practice. My score went 8/25, 10/25, 14/25, 16/25 and this year just as i thought I was getting beter i went back to 12/25.
    I did however notice on the last practice shoot that though I was missing a lot , most of the whole clays had 1 or 2 pellet chips on them, I got the feeling I was consistently getting near misses below where in the past I usssualy had no idea where I was missing them, so i believe the practice was starting to pay off.

I could not modify or adjust the gun I was using as it was borrowed, so hopefully when the CFR get their stuff sorted I will soon have my own and get the gun fitting correctly and get a lot more practice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    ... and get the gun fitting correctly and get a lot more practice.
    And here is what I consider the most important part, ranking right along with some skill.

I had trouble hitting 5 out of 25 clays for a long time. Had already given up on them. Then a friend let me use his shottie, that fit me much better, and another coached me a little. Soon 'n got much better scores on the easy targets. Now I just have to practice those skills regularly...

Banned

how do you make the shottie fit you, heard of this but never thought to do it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I also got a 3 and a a 2 I think ------------- separated by about 23 shots x 2 barrels.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast