Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Been meaning to pose this question for a long time - what would happen....

There is no minimum age limit for a S16 license. A good personal friend of mine's daughter's Glock 19 was approved at the ripe age of 14 years. (SADPA) and his son was 15 when his P07 was approved.
    It's always fun watching the reaction of the store assistants to her buying her own ammo in a gunshop, and then whipping out her license for the cfr register...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Been meaning to pose this question for a long time - what would happen....

^ good to know
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    There is no minimum age limit for a S16 license. A good personal friend of mine's daughter's Glock 19 was approved at the ripe age of 14 years. (SADPA) and his son was 15 when his P07 was approved.
    It's always fun watching the reaction of the store assistants to her buying her own ammo in a gunshop, and then whipping out her license for the cfr register...
    I am going to check this.
    If you lied to me .......................................
    but wow ........... that would be nice.
    Cody has gone so over the wing shooting I just have to follow through ......
    Yes perhaps my dreams through him --- but ye! he really wants to Pre 64 stuf, he just loves those clays dusting

User

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    A few people have gotten lisences at age 16 if they have been dedicated hunters ect for a few years at that point, doubt younger is really likely to be approved.
    12 is the youngest I know of

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    I think this is the Bro-Sis duo I saw shooting in Pta-east when my son (12yrs at the time) attended a handgun course.

Spoke to their dad... motivation sport shooting S16 ... and it was not possible for a specific parent/adult to accompany them to training/practice/competitions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

My understanding is that you want to get a rifle licenced in your name but your child(ren) will be the one using it.

Your motivation as outlined in your first post is fine (OK, wording needs to be tidied up a bit, but you were making it up as you went along and the idea behind it is fine)

I suggest that you specifically include the following 2 statements (adjust the wording to your own):

1) My children are too young to get a firearm licenced in their own name
    2) As I will be the licenced owner of the firearm, it will only be used by my children under my direct supervision

I have seen several licences go through with essentially the same motivation.

Treeman, in the interest of having a working search function, please put a little thought into your post headings. It should ideally be something that speaks to the gist of your post.

Default Re: Motivation for kid to use gun.

You got me so confused for a moment now that I fucked up the title completely for a second or three.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

My son got his first CZ75B at 15 and his second, a Shadow at 17.

He did need to get the following first.
    1) Dedicated Sportsman.
    2) Competency.

The competency is the hard part, as CFR will look at every aspect. Fortunately my son had competed for almost 2 years already, has a collection of medals and it was shown that he excelled in his division.
    We still used GOSA to apply for the competency.

Getting the actual FA onto his name was a non-issue and both were approved first time round.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You got me so confused for a moment now that I fucked up the title completely for a second or three.
    Sorry about that - totally logical, I will try remember - is there a way for me to edit this, or you, if so please feel free to do so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast