Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Motivation for kid to use gun.

Thanks Steven, that’s currently the plan. All documentation in place except for ID. Going to book her ID application on her birthday so can get it done ASAP.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MohamedD View Post
    Hi, just a question, how do you do the competency application for underage children as they don’t have an ID document. Reason I am asking is I went to hand in my daughters application and she doesn’t have an ID as yet, I have to wait till next month when she turns 16 for her to apply for an ID before I can submit her application. I took her passport which has an ID number but they didn’t want to accept.
    I would expect them to accept unabridged birth certificate for a minor. Did you try that?

Wait for the id, this is the number that they input into the system, without it Saps cannot search the system for any queries.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I would expect them to accept unabridged birth certificate for a minor. Did you try that?
    They would only accept ID. I asked if I could use birth certificate and they said only ID. Not long to go, only a month or so, so no stress.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    My son got his first CZ75B at 15 and his second, a Shadow at 17.

He did need to get the following first.
    1) Dedicated Sportsman.
    2) Competency.

The competency is the hard part, as CFR will look at every aspect. Fortunately my son had competed for almost 2 years already, has a collection of medals and it was shown that he excelled in his division.
    We still used GOSA to apply for the competency.

Getting the actual FA onto his name was a non-issue and both were approved first time round.
    How did you manage the ID document? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    Wait for the id, this is the number that they input into the system, without it Saps cannot search the system for any queries.
    The ID number appears on the birth certificate

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    The ID number appears on the birth certificate
    Yes, and the passport has it as well. Still didn’t want to accept it.

User

Finally handed in application today after getting the odds and ends sorted out. DFO was very helpful and supportive and made sure we had everything in order.Now the wait begins.

Banned

Interesting.
    Still want to know if it would be a valid motivation to state that you are buying weapon for minor to use in your presence supervision. This weapon is being bought for my son who is ten and hunts beside me - we can not both use my weapon which is to big for him, so I am buying this Howa Junior Sub Sized for him, as in apposed to some bullshit story about needing a smaller sized weapon because the bush is thick and a standard weapon gets tangled up etc, - as in a honest reason.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Interesting.
    Still want to know if it would be a valid motivation to state that you are buying weapon for minor to use in your presence supervision. This weapon is being bought for my son who is ten and hunts beside me - we can not both use my weapon which is to big for him, so I am buying this Howa Junior Sub Sized for him, as in apposed to some bullshit story about needing a smaller sized weapon because the bush is thick and a standard weapon gets tangled up etc, - as in a honest reason.
    I bought a .22 pistol, and the motivation was that I wanted to teach my 5 year old granddaughter the fundamentals of shooting, and they approved it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast