Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 6.5 Creedmoor vs 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser Ammo Guide ballistics

Good, I manage to get hold of a extractor as well as a trigger..I would probably get a new Timney trigger for the Swede...will see what I can get for the Swede from Sweden ...here is a few photos of the action now completed..just need to fit the magazine box...this action really is in a great condition...

User

Hi Gert...same K96 action as on my Carl Gustaff.
    I polished up the original millitary trigger [in moderation] and it has a slightly heavy but clean,crisp break to it. Actually feels really good.

Banned

Pre - the next time I grace your your place of in between hunting fishing, can we please put that 96 and 98 next to each other at same time, I just want to do some mental input.

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    39 hits on a 200m target that is 40cm in 60 seconds for the average hunter?Apparently it is a very popular thing in the northern hemisphere, probably happens when you don't get enough sun...
    How much damage does this do to the barrel as a matter of interest? I cringed watching it although in awe of the skill!

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Hi Gert...same K96 action as on my Carl Gustaff.
    I polished up the original millitary trigger [in moderation] and it has a slightly heavy but clean,crisp break to it. Actually feels really good.
    Pre64, yes, I think it is a great action..I have worked on it , got all the parts together today, I now have a complete action to start the build...I am fortunate to get a semi duplicated Wall nut stock from Johan, so I can commence with the 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser build...here are some photos..I will polish the trigger as well to get similar results ..other option is to get a Timney..

Here is a photo of the 6.5 x 55 SM alongside the 8x68S round..quite a difference ..big brother v little brother..

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    How much damage does this do to the barrel as a matter of interest? I cringed watching it although in awe of the skill!
    This is what is called a Barrel burning run...the life of that barrel is extremely short ...think how hot that barrel must get after this barrage of rounds in such a short time through the barrel..even if you reload very light..it still will be devastating on the barrel...

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Pre - the next time I grace your your place of in between hunting fishing, can we please put that 96 and 98 next to each other at same time, I just want to do some mental input.
    Treeman, do you have a 6.5 x 55 caliber as well??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Treeman, do you have a 6.5 x 55 caliber as well??
    No Gert I do not, doubt I will ever either, the reason I want to see with Pre is that he has both actions 96 and 98 and the know about them. I am hoping to gain some insight into both and short comings and corrective actions taken at the times. The K 98 is a thing I am fond of, and the 96 is something I do not even know if I have seen before.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    No Gert I do not, doubt I will ever either, the reason I want to see with Pre is that he has both actions 96 and 98 and the know about them. I am hoping to gain some insight into both and short comings and corrective actions taken at the times. The K 98 is a thing I am fond of, and the 96 is something I do not even know if I have seen before.
    Just take it from me..the 96 Swedish Action has nothing in common with the 98 Mauser action...the Swedes use their own steel, better quality than the Germans used...the psi pressures are high ...this action has two lugs , bending the straight handle making a third lug into the stock ...it is a great designed action ...

User

R A Dynamic - Guns and Ammunition Distributor - 6.5 x 55mm Swedish Mauser.pdf

Don`t know if I uploaded this article already..it is a excellent write-up

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast