User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Vortex Crossfire II

Anyone have experience with the scope? Looking specifically at the 6-24 x 50 or 6-18 x 44 with the Dead hold Reticle, for Karoo, Kalahari, Freestate type hunting on a 300WM.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Default Re: Vortex Crossfire II

No one?

User

I've got one on a 308 and it works really well I haven't had any problems with it I've got the crossfire 1 on my 270 and thats really good as well

User

Thanks man, they seem to be simple enough to get a handle on. Also they are not crazy expensive.

User

They are positioned towards the budget side of the Vortex ranges. With scopes you usually get what you pay for. Lenses are the expensive parts in scopes, so the cheaper scopes can't really have expensive lenses. This relates to lens geometry and coatings, not durability. So you can expect slightly lower light transmission and lesser image quality than on a Vortex Razor. The warranty is the same, so you need not worry about the mechanical part of the scope.

User

Yes their warranty is one of the big draw cards for me and the quality is not bad, I can’t afford to go one step up, is there anything else in their price range that is decent quality though?

If it's any worth to you. I owned the CF 3-9. I chased higher magnification and eventualy sold the CF. I still regret my decision. It was a lovely Telescope !!! It now serves duty on a friend' 30-06 and he can't stop rubbing it into my wounds

I had the Crossfire ii 4-12x50 if I remember correctly. The scope did the job and I used it for around 2 years. Eventually got frustrated with it as the eye relief wasnt on my side. Changed over to a leupold and wont look back again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk