Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default 6.5 caliber issue

I understand that quite a few people with 6.5 CM's have become braggards about the fantastic caliber that is just about perfect for shooting everything from a gnat to an Eland. I'll give that it's a very nice benchrest/long range target caliber. I also get why a few people are irritated with the perfect caliber crowd. What bugs me is alot of people assume all 6.5 cal's are a new thing and have yet to be proven on game. Heard someone exclaim they don't like 6.5 cal shooters as their caliber of choice has yet to be proven at the same level as a 308 ect. Keep in mind the 6.5x55 was developed at the same time as the 303, so a bit older than the 308 and the 30-06.
    Every caliber has a place, the issue comes when one tries to do everything with a single caliber. Thus far that only seems to apply to shotgun calibers where you can do everything with a 12 gauge, you just have to pick the right ammo.
    Shouldn't each person be allowed to enjoy their caliber as long as they use it on appropriate game or targets and don't try to force you to buy one?

User

Default Re: 6.5 caliber issue

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    Shouldn't each person be allowed to enjoy their caliber as long as they use it on appropriate game or targets and don't try to force you to buy one?
    You see, those who still have their 270's with a good pre-bankruptcy Tasco scope have a hard time grasping this whole technology fact. As technology improves it allows for better analytics of 'stuff', ie burn rate and Doppler radar to look at BC's etc. This allows for better cartridges to hit the market.

...but there are still people who think the Ford Essex motor is great, and that the only thing in a 2L should be Coke and Milk, not bakkie engines

User

The marketing gurus have done a good job with the Creed.
    I will bet good money on the following.....Take 2 x Howa's with sporter profile barrels,one in 6.5x55 and the other in 6.5 Creed.Load the same make bullet in both and go hunting at normal hunting distances. There is no difference..zip,nil,nothing.
    Take 2 modern,accuracy customised rifles with all the bells and whistles in both calibers. Load both with the goodest,bestest,most long range orientated bullets available and shoot to 1000m. There is no difference..zip,nil,nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    You see, those who still have their 270's with a good pre-bankruptcy Tasco scope have a hard time grasping this whole technology fact. As technology improves it allows for better analytics of 'stuff', ie burn rate and Doppler radar to look at BC's etc. This allows for better cartridges to hit the market.

...but there are still people who think the Ford Essex motor is great, and that the only thing in a 2L should be Coke and Milk, not bakkie engines
    I'm somewhat of a bullshitter myself but it is always great to listen to an expert.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    I'm somewhat of a bullshitter myself but it is always great to listen to an expert.
    Andrew be nice... Or have I offended the Ford Cortina GXL in your garage..

User

If a pilot who shoots a 6.6CM is a vegan and does crossfit what does he tell you first?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post

Guilty as charged.And then I have a good chuckle, while eating biltong, and reading how you need instructions from a cellphone tp shoot the needmore.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If a pilot who shoots a 6.6CM is a vegan and does crossfit what does he tell you first?
    teeheeheeheehee

That he's gluten-intolerant

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    teeheeheeheehee

That he's gluten-intolerant
    Hahhahahahaha

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    teeheeheeheeheeThat he's gluten-intolerant
    Probably lactose-intolerant too...