Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Gunshops where good service is given.

+1 for Kalahari Arms

User

Okay, I am grateful for the great comments but I have to say that at Southern Arms our service sucks. We are trying to improve and more importantly trying to improve what we offer. Things have been somewhat bleak of late but I have been dealing with some rather intense personal issues which are being resolved, so to anyone I have failed or annoyed... things will be back on track soon.

However, as a dealer, gunshops that I have always felt "good" in are:

Camdix. They have an awesome amount of stock and of great variety. Bollie is a champ & I love Johan (although don't tell him 'cos I'm just a verdomder rooinek and not worth the contents of his spitoon).

Randburg Arms. I really like Eddy & Jimmy & Archie etc. They haven't progessed past the 1911 but that's also ok.

Rosenthal's. Okay, I have never actually been there in person (cos I don't get out much) but they are always great to talk to. Steve's the man.

Kalahari Arms. A bit pricey but they have stock! Martin is the guy to talk to.

PotShot. Okay, this is a bit of an outreach but I really have lots of time for old Mike Henn. He's a gent. Completely nuts but a gent none the less. Just don't bother phoning before like 11am! I reckon Mike's shop is a treasure trove, you just gotta catch him when he's open and interested.

Valley Trading/Hire Arms. Now that they have Peter on frontline (ex-ME Stores) if you need anything related to shotguns he is the man to speak to.

People I have had good dealings with and will recommend: IHAWU in Pinetown; Drinns in Durban; Kings in Durban; Target Line in East London; Ronden in the Cape; MRS Techniques in Pta;

There are lots of good guys out there, just go out and meet them. Most are more willing to help than you think or imagine.

User

I beg to disagree with geff in the post above... I was there yesterday afternoon and they were more helpfull then most of the other dealers that I'v been to. they went out of their way to assist me in what ever way they could..

thanx
    yusuf

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post

Quick comment, stopped at a gunshop in Centurion the other day to buy some MTM ammo cases, and chat to the guy, he say gun sales non existant, shop barely making a living and based on accesory and ammo sales not much else.

So feel sory for the guy, ask him to get me the MTM ammo cases as well as a MTM work and cleaning bench tray...Great he says, will phone me back on monday...2 weeks later, nothing.....I say, struggle cause your service suck.
    rings a bell...

User

Zimbi Books in Pretoria. Not just a book shop, they also now sell a range of accessories and reloading equipment.

Their service is excellent.

If they go further and get a license to deal in arms & propellants, I would not have to go anywhere else in Pretoria.

Chaps, it seems as if there are no gunsaaiters in natal, but if any of you do venture this side of the boerie curtain and are in need of odds and ends pop into kings in maritzburg, top service

User

Not so great service from some dealers out there. I have sent 2 pm's to a supplier who shall remain nameless and NADA..... not a peep. I am in the market for a holster/rig for a H&K USP Expert for IPSC shooting. I dont want a EDC holster. I already have one of those.

taken else were....

the "not so great service " as mentioned above ......

Although maye not a gunshop, I'd also like to mention SWAT-G: I have never came across a trainer that goes through so much trouble to ensure his students are sorted out.

Thanks Swattie!

User

- 10 Kalahari Arms - Still waiting for Lawyer to contact me for appeal since 16 April.
    + 10 Martin Hood - Done appeal
    - 05 Kalahari Arms – Vaughn, can collect firearm with printout.
    - 05 Kalahari Arms – Willie, can collect firearm with signed printout.
    - 1 000 000 SAPF DFO – can’t get hold of officer to sign form.
    + 100 order accessories from Geoff

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast