Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Saps Task Force- a Force to recon with

Found this excellent write-up of their history and success.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spec...k_Force_(SAPS)

Some of you might know this, but I found it a good read.

User

Default Re: Saps Task Force- a Force to recon with

Loved watching the old TF videos on youtube. I wonder if they are still as effective in today's terms?

User

A Police friend of mine- he is well known IPSC shooter- said he have heard of female taskforce members that could not even breach a wall without a ladder. Some members shooting skills is also questionable according to him.
    Saying all of that, when I worked forensic pathology in North-West, there were a view ex-task force members around in other rolls in the Police there. The drive for racial based promotions and the outflow of members to security rolls in the Middle East have had a big impact on the amount of capable Police Officers around.
    I am sure M43 and other ex- police officers are more qualified to comment on their capabilities.

User

Yeah, no female officer has ever completed STF Selection. So that blows that argument out the water.

Im always fairly amazed at how general gun people are suprised that police / soldiers don’t shoot as well as the top competitive shooters. While they are generally ok shots, and the specialized units are generally light years ahead of the regulars. It’s still only a percentage of everything that it entails to be a soldier / police officer.

That saod. I have heard of things still being ok at the unit (from a very good friend, ex STF), but that the government isn’t looking after them as they should. Unless we experience it for ourselves it’s all kinda heresay.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Yeah, no female officer has ever completed STF Selection. So that blows that argument out the water.

That saod. I have heard of things still being ok at the unit (from a very good friend, ex STF), but that the government isn’t looking after them as they should. Unless we experience it for ourselves it’s all kinda heresay.
    Glad to hear that. I stated just what he said. Knew very little about the STF.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    I assume you are speaking from experience here and not hearsay from a very good friend which is ex STF?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    I assume you are speaking from experience here and not hearsay from a very good friend which is ex STF?
    Touche. It is indeed heresay.

So rather her to my knowledge, from reading up on STF and from corroboration from my friend. I believe no female officer has made it through selection at least up till 2015/16.

No one said anything about making it through selection.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    A Police friend of mine- he is well known IPSC shooter- said he have heard of female taskforce members that could not even breach a wall without a ladder. Some members shooting skills is also questionable according to him.
    Saying all of that, when I worked forensic pathology in North-West, there were a view ex-task force members around in other rolls in the Police there. The drive for racial based promotions and the outflow of members to security rolls in the Middle East have had a big impact on the amount of capable Police Officers around.
    I am sure M43 and other ex- police officers are more qualified to comment on their capabilities.
    M43 has bee out of the force for number of years (happily so), so my opinions may not be that accurate...

Compared to the top IPSC / IDPA shooters in this country most of our STF and SF units could probably do with some extra trigger time. But shooting is a very, VERY small part of their required skill set. I would say their shooting skills are adequate to get their jobs done.

As for the number of capable police members... This may grate a few nipples but personally I think that the police force / service has had its share of slackers / cowards and plain corrupt fuckers (many of them in command posts) for a long time. Decades before '94 already. I used to work with many of them.

But many of the young cops I see and meet from time to time seem motivated and well disciplined and I wouldn't mind working with them if I were to go back (which I'm not doing)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast