Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

Without starting a new thread, what does an action go for, just the action without the barrel. I know its an open question, but starting or approximate values would be appreciated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Without starting a new thread, what does an action go for, just the action without the barrel. I know its an open question, but starting or approximate values would be appreciated.
    Mauser 98 action standard-hunting rifle action R3500-5000, Granite Mountain Mauser copy action different sizes R 8000 -R15000 then you still have to permanent import it that will cost you a pretty penny extra...
    BAT/STILLER / Barnard action R14000- R20000 target actions , some brands you have to import, some has retailers already in South Africa, most of companies do not sell to private individual in another country....
    https://www.gunafrica.co.za/classifi...s-actions.html

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Mauser 98 action standard-hunting rifle action R3500-5000, Granite Mountain Mauser copy action different sizes R 8000 -R15000 then you still have to permanent import it that will cost you a pretty penny extra...
    BAT/STILLER / Barnard action R14000- R20000 target actions , some brands you have to import, some has retailers already in South Africa, most of companies do not sell to private individual in another country....
    Gert, a Granite Mountain arms barreled action is $5000 so R70 000 prior to import tax etc. i have spoken to them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Gert you are way under price, if I can get a Bat action for R20k It will be a huge bargain.
    https://www.za.bulletcentral.com/pro...ons-receivers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Yoh!
    Do they come gold or silver plated at that price?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Yoh!
    Do they come gold or silver plated at that price?
    That is the cheap part to a custom action, the plating.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    That is the cheap part to a custom action, the plating.
    Thank you for correcting me, Finkelstein, yes, it is tragic that we have a situation where an item is not really that expensive..it is our absurdly weak rand currency that makes it this expensive...for example, I really want to do my part to support our local business , buying a barrel from them for a building project ....it is just too expensive...buying it from the USA ensures I can afford it..but items like actions really is in another class when you want to buy from abroad since it has to be imported via a company ...it really is still cheaper to buy a second hand rifle that can be a donor for your custom rifle...this is what the average American hunter doing now, when they want to have a double rifle , they buy a good quality side by side shot gun like a Simson or Westley Richards or Holland and Holland in a 16 ga or 20 ga and build a double on it...not the bells/whistles/gold plating version but still a good option if you really have to have a double rifle..there are many ways to skin a cat..

Banned

Question Re: Price of a "custom" rifle.

To get an old thread going again
    Is there anywhere in SA a really good stock-maker that uses African woods ( preferably dark ) properly laminated ( cured under pressure with the correct bonding chemicals )
    NO bells and whistles just a good solid laminated stock for a bolt action properly bedded and fitted.

I thought synthetic but WOOD has a special feel and aura ....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5