Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Split Wildebees

User

Default Re: Split Wildebees

Ah then well no harm, no foul toward you. You paid the quoted price, so all's good!

Banned

Miss-identification is quite easy early in the morning.

Although this event took place in the afternoon it illustrates the difficulty with animal ID. I took a youngster on a hunt to shoot his first blesbuck. The owner took us out on his vehicle and drove to within 100m of the herd (very tame buck). He nominated a ram on the edge and it was cleanly shot and dropped on the spot. On arrival, the lack of testicles pointed out his error. No penalty of course.

I find blesbuck quite a challenge I must admit!

A friend of a friend shot a golden BW by mistake a few weeks back. The bull was standing under a tree in the shade and according to him, looked just like a normal BW. As they got closer to it, they realized it was the golden bull.

Once back at the slaughtering facilities, they left it hanging in the room and the farmer, PH and hunter looked in at it from the outside and it looked exactly like a normal BW.
    After a whole lot of deliberation with PH and owner, he paid 15k for it instead of 4k.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    A friend of a friend shot a golden BW by mistake a few weeks back. The bull was standing under a tree in the shade and according to him, looked just like a normal BW. As they got closer to it, they realized it was the golden bull.

Once back at the slaughtering facilities, they left it hanging in the room and the farmer, PH and hunter looked in at it from the outside and it looked exactly like a normal BW.
    After a whole lot of deliberation with PH and owner, he paid 15k for it instead of 4k.

Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post

Eina! But ultimately the hunter pulls the trigger and is responsible for what that bullet hits.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    Eina! But ultimately the hunter pulls the trigger and is responsible for what that bullet hits.
    I agree, unless the PH/farmer tells you "shoot". I've been in a situation where I told the farmer "I'm not sure, I think that's male" and he goes "nope, shoot". Shoot. Male. Paid female price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2