Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Weimarana as hunting dogs?

Louis.

NA, NSD, NRD are all indications that the dog has some form of instinct. Please do not go on these alone. I've seen HPR's that have passed the NA that are useless. These tests are only basic entry level tests.

Use them as a tool only.

The best test is to go in the field and watch the parents work. That will give you a idea of what you possible may get. DNA is a funny thing. One of one litter you may get 5 topclass dogs and one not so "topclass".

PM me and I'll give you some people to contact.
    I'm not a breeder and have already booked my next GSP for next year, so I'll be able to give you a unbiased point of view of who two contact and who to stay away from.

Where is already to much politics and court cases in this sport so I'm not going to add further to it in open forum

Quote Originally Posted by LouisR View Post
    Sweet do you know anything of where these Weims 'came' from are they from a spesific line or just luck of the draw and trained?
    Unfortunately not. The Weims that I referred to were rescue dogs and were dumped at the SPCA or the like. Matt's dog was apparently (IIRC) bred near Ficksberg in the OFS, she is unfortunately on her last legs (if she still breaths).

Just Plain Phil, he who has spoken, but not said much for fear of litigation :)....is closer to the action, as is Springer on the forum.

2 Weimerana to a good home. both 1 year old. male & female. Call Harry on 0834460224

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5