Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.11 Tactical

Default 5.11 Tactical

Is there a local importer and how do you like the quality of their clothing?
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: 5.11 Tactical

Don't know a local importer. I have one of their vests. The quality is outstanding.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Very nice clothes! If I could I'd have a whole selection of their stuff. happy0065

I have all their stuff very good.

Thorkind, yes their stuff is good, but there are a lot of problems when it comes to getting the stuff in SA, quickly our market is to small for them and two is the 40% import duty on clothing which makes it very very expensive, I do not want to deviate from the 5.11 topic, but we are in the process of bringing some tactical clothing, you should recall the trousers and shorts I was wearing over the weekend, very good stuff, we are mainly looking at bringing in trousers for the first order, but and there is a big but I have to bring in 250 trousers, which means we will have to start private sales and get support from private people, the cost we are currently looking at for trousers should be between R250-R300 which is really good, but yes I will need sales and maybe some serious pre orders, but I will post more details on the site, yes sorry for budding in and trying to sell my own stuff, but yes I have some 5.11 stuff and they are good!

I dont agree that the market is too small, its rather big actually as in Holland where i am now, 5.11 does very well and this is a non firearm country. People dont even carry knives here, they look at me funny if they see mine by some miracle. But many cops wear 5.11 here as well as military. I am sure most lae enforcement officers in SA and security would wear 5.11 as will most sports shooters. The problem of course is the cost.

The exchange rate messes things up for the consumers in SA

SAPS-ZA, as you mention about exchange rate and SWATG about import duties, 5.11 clothing becomes very expensive in this market and due to this the market is very small in SA for a person to bring in substantial quantities for resale.

Ok i have not bought clothes in SA for a few years, but what would they really cost. Here they cost like 60 euros for a shirt and about 80 for pants i think. I am not too sure as i order from states, Even if a few hundred in SA i am sure there are guys that would buy.

I guess its all about earnings

At 60euros for a shirt and 80euros for pants converted to rands and add some import tax....I would not even look at them and would run far away when the sales person approuch me with them..... It is ok for the private individual to order a pair or two over the net but also the problem is that for someone to import 5.11 to SA and get directly from the manufacturer would most properly require substantial quantities. I just think that from a business point of view in SA it would just not make sense to import 5.11 and stock it.

Ok, maybe you don't uderstand when I say the market is to small, minimum opening order for a "genuine" agency from Royal Robbins will set you back a cool $25 000, you are now looking at aprox R450 000, that is a hefty investment, especially if you don't know how quickly you can turn the stock around, this is why we are looking at brands like Propper etc, we can get them at a better price and lower quantities, yes there is a market, but very few people would take the risk at about half a million!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast