Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Howa Bottom Metal

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a howa magazine conversion that will fit an AICS pattern mag, similar to what Pacific Tool and Gauge, among others, make in the USA. Does anyone know if someone in SA either makes or imports such an item?

I know Disen Engineering do one for the ATI/Howa mags but the mag release is forward of the magazine and I'm not in the mood to have my mag released accidentally while setting up for a shot.

Thanks!

User

Default Re: Howa Bottom Metal

Gun Warrior, contact Warren.

https://www.gunwarrior.co.za/

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post

Mag release is forward of the magazine as far as I know. Not what OP is looking for. If they've changed it I'd also like to know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post

It's forward as well

User

Easy fix, I made a small plate that fits in next to the mag release preventing its activation when bumped from the front.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc05 View Post
    Easy fix, I made a small plate that fits in next to the mag release preventing its activation when bumped from the front.
    Why must we "fix" something that alreadys costs so much?

User

Sorry that is our modern life, agree shitty design, but if I can fix it for next to nothing why not. I have yet to buy something that I have not changed to my taste in some way.

User

I don't have Howa polymer mags, but aren't they the reason for the front release?

Dissen and most other bottom metals for AICS compatible mags have a rear release.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

So after alot of digging and searching I thought I would report back with what I have managed to dig up!

Gunwarrior
    I emailed Warren from Gunwarrior and he confirmed their DBM is for Howa/ATI mags only - still, it looks like a good option if you dont want to use the plastic ATI conversion.

Gunwarrior.jpg
    R1500 from gunwarrior.co.za

Disen
    I've send Disen a message and not got a reply yet but I'll make sure to update this threat with details of what they offer when I get a reply.

Import options
    I'm currently in England and I managed to find some units from Atlasworxs(pic below) in Aus selling for £120(around R2300) that accept AICS. In addition there are a number of other options running much more expensive(we're talking more than half the price of a chassis). Atlasworxs will also ship worldwide - though I'm not convinced I would trust our customs to not lose it.

Atlasworxs.jpg

Arms Waterkloof
    Warren put me onto an option that I hadn't found at all in my searching which was the DBM offered by Arms in Waterkloof. It looks fantastic, the magwell extends below the stock which I like and generally it looks good and I think it is about the best I've found as far as the DBM itself goes. The only reservation I have is that the release is inside the trigger guard(see pic below). Does anyone have any experience with these units? How well does the mag release work? The more I think about it, the less keen I am to be sticking my grubby little paws into the trigger guard to release the mag!

ArmsDBM.jpg

These are R1667 from armsonline.co.za

User

Does anyone know where we can find the AICS pattern magazines for a Howa 308? Both 5 and 10 rounds.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast