Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CFR Complaint

User

Default Re: CFR Complaint

Seems like the forum needs a CFR complaints section . . . . NOT.

Stop poking the bear folks, use the tracking app or online, if there is no movement for 40-50 working days then phone and ask is there an issue that you can assist with. (lost paperwork, incorrect details etc.)

As insinuated earlier, writing a complaint about CFR staff "behavior" not being to your liking is like pissing in to the wind. The system is less than ideal as it is but the current amount of pissing and moaning about it will not resolve your issues.

Think about the scenario in a restaurant where you wait to complain only after you receive your food. If you make a big fuss about it you are only drawing attention to yourself.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Seems like the forum needs a CFR complaints section . . . . NOT.

Stop poking the bear folks, use the tracking app or online, if there is no movement for 40-50 working days then phone and ask is there an issue that you can assist with. (lost paperwork, incorrect details etc.)

As insinuated earlier, writing a complaint about CFR staff "behavior" not being to your liking is like pissing in to the wind. The system is less than ideal as it is but the current amount of pissing and moaning about it will not resolve your issues.

Think about the scenario in a restaurant where you wait to complain only after you receive your food. If you make a big fuss about it you are only drawing attention to yourself.
    All valid. But in a restaurants terms if I don’t like the service I find a new one. We don’t have the option.

It still sucks. And people are frustrated. Tough just to sit on ones hands and do nothing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Someone once told me we are the most acceptive nation in the world.
    Service bad in a restaurant, no fuss is made, service is bad from a company, no fuss is made, service is bad from gov, same thing.
    We'll accept ourselves to death when push comes to shove.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    All valid. But in a restaurants terms if I don’t like the service I find a new one. We don’t have the option.

It still sucks. And people are frustrated. Tough just to sit on ones hands and do nothing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, as disheartening as it may be there is very little that we can do other than to accept the status quo.

As for restaurant and companies, I let them have it and in such a manner that I accept they will never see me again. I find a lot of times when you are facing issues, its your own way of approaching it that has a major affect on the outcome.

I have been patienAF, I already own 4 handguns and I dont even have my competency as yet so please do understand I know all to well about this frustrating waiting game.

But my experience with CFR:

Waited exactly 30 days after application before phoning them.

Older lady answered the call, entire call was done in 2min 32sec and I got both myself and my wife's ref numbers. She initially thought I was inquiring as to when it will be finalized which resulted in a good laugh, where only then I explained that I never got any SMS's so that I can keep track of the progress online. She also had time to mention that people phone them silly all hours of the day to find out WHEN it will be completed which is what lead to my initial comment.

Imagine manning the CFR hotline and for 7.5hrs a day you have to type in ID number, then rub your magic crystal ball, then give feedback to said ID number . . . . Im sure you get my point.

User

Use the complaintsnodalpoint@saps.gov.za email to lodge a complaint. Do not just wait. The more people who just sit and wait the worse the service gets. I have had good results a number of times with lodging a complaint. Even one once against the local dfo for ignoring me and not answering my emails to him (not doing his job).
    Poke the bear as often and as hard as you can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2