Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: IDPA Africa Champs 2019

This is gearing up to be a great match..

The word is there are registrations from Poland, Switzerland and other EU countries, as well as the entire Kenyan squad.

Looks like the local guys will have some tough competition this year!

User

Seems IDPA has slowed down quite a bit up here in GP, NNats will also be my last shoot IDPA shoot this year. Going to start saving up for the Port Elizabeth IPSC nats rather.

User

Quote Originally Posted by sakush View Post
    Seems IDPA has slowed down quite a bit up here in GP, NNats will also be my last shoot IDPA shoot this year. Going to start saving up for the Port Elizabeth IPSC nats rather.
    That is unfortunate.. the entries from outside of the WP seem to be very low..
    https://www.facebook.com/2019-IDPA-A...09130186089779

User

Default IDPA Africa Champs 2019

Quote Originally Posted by KT123 View Post
    Well, I guess this is to be expected... especially when the vast majority of IDPA shooters are based up in Gauteng and finances for many people are rather tight with the current stuttering state of the economy.

I have started looking into the possibility of taking part in AC 2019 at FBDPC (which would have been my 5th AC) but the costs of doing so appear to be really expensive.

On an initial investigation, flights with SAA (so that I can travel with my FA) are looking to be in the region of R3,000-R4,000 return (with R800 each way to transport the FA). In addition, I would need to pay for car hire and accommodation on top of this. As such, I would assume that the cost will be in the region of R8,000 to R10,000 (rough estimate) for a 3.5 day trip to Cape Town, which is rather a big ask...

As such, it is starting to look less and less likely that I will be able to justify attending this year’s AC. And before people start to criticise me, those who know me will confirm that I generally try to make a plan to travel to different clubs (even where they are in out of the way places) in order to support the clubs and take part in comps being hosted there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default IDPA Africa Champs 2019

I don’t have Facebook. Is it cancelled?

User

No it's not cancelled.
    You can still view Facebook without logging in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Well, I guess this is to be expected... especially when the vast majority of IDPA shooters are based up in Gauteng and finances for many people are rather tight with the current stuttering state of the economy.

I have started looking into the possibility of taking part in AC 2019 at FBDPC (which would have been my 5th AC) but the costs of doing so appear to be really expensive.

On an initial investigation, flights with SAA (so that I can travel with my FA) are looking to be in the region of R3,000-R4,000 return (with R800 each way to transport the FA). In addition, I would need to pay for car hire and accommodation on top of this. As such, I would assume that the cost will be in the region of R8,000 to R10,000 (rough estimate) for a 3.5 day trip to Cape Town, which is rather a big ask...

As such, it is starting to look less and less likely that I will be able to justify attending this year’s AC. And before people start to criticise me, those who know me will confirm that I generally try to make a plan to travel to different clubs (even where they are in out of the way places) in order to support the clubs and take part in comps being hosted there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand your position, the trip can be expensive for a weekend away and no one can argue with how people choose to spend their money.

I would say that you can also RAM your Firearm/Ammunition to the range and choose cheaper flights which can reduce the costs.
    Accommodation/Car hire can also be split with friends/competitors that are also looking to do the same.

Either way, you will end up spending a few grand to come out and compete.

I've spent about the same amount on a fishing trip that ended up with no fish in the boat :)

User

Some good news for those who want to participate but the transport costs are too high:

From the SADPA Facebook Group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/720978761396149/

Attachment 30840

"Good day all.

Some wonderful news for members that would like to attend the IDPA Africa Champs 2019 in the Cape but are not able to get there. SADPA has a bus going down with seven spots for shooters and kit available. Departure will be the 23rd of September at 0200 from Pretoria. First stop will be Touwsrivier. Best bet for accomodation would be in Somerset West. Return will be the 30th of September at 0400 arriving in Pretoria around 1900. If you are interested you need to be a paid up entrant to the Africa Champs.

Just add your name below and we shall have a draw of seven on Monday."

User

Some good news for those who want to participate but the transport costs are too high:

From the SADPA Facebook Group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/720978761396149/

Attachment 30840

"Good day all.

Some wonderful news for members that would like to attend the IDPA Africa Champs 2019 in the Cape but are not able to get there. SADPA has a bus going down with seven spots for shooters and kit available. Departure will be the 23rd of September at 0200 from Pretoria. First stop will be Touwsrivier. Best bet for accomodation would be in Somerset West. Return will be the 30th of September at 0400 arriving in Pretoria around 1900. If you are interested you need to be a paid up entrant to the Africa Champs.

Just add your name below and we shall have a draw of seven on Monday."

and if you stay in Somerset West, I have space to travel daily to the range and back for 3 people

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast