Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: IDPA Africa Champs 2019

How were there more shooters from Kenya than from Kraaifontein? :P

Did the internationals have a good time? It was great shooting with them last year

User

How were there more shooters from Kenya than from Kraaifontein? :P

Did the internationals have a good time? It was great shooting with them last year

User

I wish I saw this thread (a few months) earlier!
    https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/spor...onships-photos

Team Kenya does it again at IDPA Africa Championships
    By Caroline Obuya: Tuesday, October 1st 2019 at 09:03 GMT +3
    Team Kenya at the 2019 IDPA Africa Championships, South Africa

The Kenyan shooting team braced the cold, rainy, windy weather over the weekend as they battled out for top prizes in the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Africa Championship 2019 at False Bay Sports Shooting Club in Cape Town, South Africa.

Over 200 competitors drawn from different parts of Africa, Switzerland, Poland, Pakistan and the USA took part in the event that saw a good number of Kenyans emerge victorious in various categories...

User

Huge congrats to Raymond Rundle and the other members of the FBSSC for arranging and hosting an enjoyable and challenging Africa Champs.

The stages were well designed and tested one’s skills appropriately (as you would expect from an AC) and it seems that everybody enjoyed themselves (despite some terrible weather on the Sunday).

One worrying aspect is that there were a fairly large number of DQ’s (if memory serves correctly there were over 18 DQ’s, which is more than 10% of the field).

Congrats to all of the trophy winners and High Guns and those who got match bumps. Well done and thanks, once again, to the members of Squad 2 — think that we won more than 11 of the trophies.

Roll on AC 2020 which is scheduled to be hosted and run by one of the shooting clubs in Nairobi, Kenya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Were the DQ’s because caused by poor stage design , shooters getting away with poor handling at club shoots or bad calls

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Were the DQ’s because caused by poor stage design , shooters getting away with poor handling at club shoots or bad calls
    I SO’d on one of the stages and had 3 DQ’s even after warning the competitors of the berm and muzzle. Just were bad habits in reloads, one was bad staging.

Range next door had a one due to a competitor tripping and falling.

Stages overall actually straight forward with no real DQ traps.

One was also bad stage planning by the shooter. Engaged a steel target closer than 9.1m.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post

Stages overall actually straight forward with no real DQ traps.

One was also bad stage planning by the shooter. Engaged a steel target closer than 9.1m.
    Sorry, but to me that is bad stage design or bad construction and ultimately bad course vetting. The plate should not even have been visible to the competitor from an unsafe distance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    Sorry, but to me that is bad stage design or bad construction and ultimately bad course vetting. The plate should not even have been visible to the competitor from an unsafe distance.
    I am 6’4” and is tall enough to engage pretty much everything from everywhere. Does not mean I should.

And the popper was behind a target as well.

Did you shoot the match?

User

I'm with samizat on this, expecting a competitor to gauge distance under the clock is bad stage design. I've shot enough matches to know this , without shooting that one. If its dangerous to shoot steel at that distance don't put it there. If you are going to DQ the shooter for that then you need to have a think about everyone involved in allowing that "dangerous" thing to be there

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    I am 6’4” and is tall enough to engage pretty much everything from everywhere. Does not mean I should.

And the popper was behind a target as well.

Did you shoot the match?

No, but I am genuinely curious to know how he managed this at an AC.

If the popper was behind a target how did this shooter manage to engage it ? Did he deliberately try something clever ?

And, on the height issue: Is it not usually specified that some barricades essentially go up to infinity ? Or is that an IPSC-only rule ?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast