Default Second gun on you when you shoot PCC?

Hi All,

I have been asking around and checked the rules for PCC and Idpa. My question is, if you are shooting PCC can you have your normal pistol on you unloaded?

Thanx

User

Default Re: Second gun on you when you shoot PCC?

There use to be a rule that you may not carry a 2nd firearm in Idpa. I cannot find it in the updated rules, thus would assume it will be up to the MD’s discretion.

User

That would imply its a range rule, which should be communicated prior to the match.

The MD doesn't have discretion to add rules into the IDPA rule book. Only how the rules are interpreted at that match. Unless a range rule is communicated prior to the match, the match must be run strictly according to the IDPA rule book. The IDPA rulebook does not disallow it, so therefore it is allowed.

Actually the PCC appendix does make reference to PCC and handgun on the same stage, implying that you are allowed to have a handgun on you while shooting PCC.

5.0- In certain cases, a MD can choose to combine PCC and handgun into a single COF. Additional safetyconsiderations may be included for these stages in order to maintain safe gun handling practices.Competitors may not be required to holster a loaded pistol on the clock in multi-gun stages. Use commonsense and consider all of the competitors that will be shooting at the event. In stages where both pistol andPCC are utilized by competitors, the pistol gear requirements remain the same for competitors. (EG:Holsters, reloads, concealment etc.) PCC requirements are included in this appendix.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KillerD View Post
    That would imply its a range rule, which should be communicated prior to the match.

The MD doesn't have discretion to add rules into the IDPA rule book. Only how the rules are interpreted at that match. Unless a range rule is communicated prior to the match, the match must be run strictly according to the IDPA rule book. The IDPA rulebook does not disallow it, so therefore it is allowed.

Actually the PCC appendix does make reference to PCC and handgun on the same stage, implying that you are allowed to have a handgun on you while shooting PCC.

5.0- In certain cases, a MD can choose to combine PCC and handgun into a single COF. Additional safetyconsiderations may be included for these stages in order to maintain safe gun handling practices.Competitors may not be required to holster a loaded pistol on the clock in multi-gun stages. Use commonsense and consider all of the competitors that will be shooting at the event. In stages where both pistol andPCC are utilized by competitors, the pistol gear requirements remain the same for competitors. (EG:Holsters, reloads, concealment etc.) PCC requirements are included in this appendix.
    I dont want to hijack the thread, but were can I get a copy of the gear requirements?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I dont want to hijack the thread, but were can I get a copy of the gear requirements?
    There aren't many for PCC.

11.0- PCC Gear: Shooters may optionally choose to place additional magazines in pouches to carrywith them while shooting stages. If they choose to use magazine pouches, them may not place more than2 on their belt which must be worn behind the hip bone as in pistol divisions. Optionally, shooters maycarry magazines in pockets that are below the belt or stowed inside the waistband.

https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uplo...ndix-B-PCC.pdf

Thank you for the clarity.