Default Bushpig Required for hunting?

I am looking to hunt/shoot 2 or 3 Bush pigs.

I have access to shooting feral hogs and but they are not what I intend shooting as myself and a friend are looking for Bush pigs.

I am able to hunt Bush pig in Natal however it is not viable for us both financially and time wise.

I am in Pretoria and would appreciate it if we could shoot these pigs a little closer to home ie. Gauteng, Limpopo, North West or Mpumalanga area.

We have a budget of R1000 per pig.

Please advise if anyone can assist us

Banned

Default Re: Bushpig Required for hunting?

Try the area around Roodeplaatdam. My mom lives there and we have seen bush pigs on the property. However, that was only once or twice. Maybe contact the SA Jagters office - they are located close to the Tswane mall and might be able to help

Thanks for the advice.

Strange thing is you hear about all these farmers complaining about Bush pigs destroying their crops and becoming pests but I can't even find one who wants to sell his problem bush pigs. Go Figure!!

I guess I am going to have to stick to the feral hogs again as they are not a problem to get.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

Strange thing is you hear about all these farmers complaining about Bush pigs destroying their crops and becoming pests but I can't even find one who wants to sell his problem bush pigs. Go Figure!!

I guess I am going to have to stick to the feral hogs again as they are not a problem to get.
    I suppose its like anything, it's alive, it's on their farm
    They have the benefit of shooting them

Most farmers I know don't want to turn vermin into a commercial occupation, plus it's the liability of letting random people shoot on your property which becomes your responsibility, and NO not everyone can be trusted to behave like an adult

Most famers allow friends and neighbours to shoot, or shoot themselves and offer meat to staff

I think the fact that they have crops destroyed (not to the scale of going out of business) is less risk than allowing unknowns to shoot the property

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    I suppose its like anything, it's alive, it's on their farm
    They have the benefit of shooting them

Most farmers I know don't want to turn vermin into a commercial occupation, plus it's the liability of letting random people shoot on your property which becomes your responsibility, and NO not everyone can be trusted to behave like an adult

Most famers allow friends and neighbours to shoot, or shoot themselves and offer meat to staff

I think the fact that they have crops destroyed (not to the scale of going out of business) is less risk than allowing unknowns to shoot the property

Just my opinion
    I agree 100% with everything you said above.

Just a pity that I don't have access closer to Gauteng as most of these Bush Pigs are available in other provinces where people know me hence my request for a closer to home opportunity.