User

Default Kit carried by English / British soldiers over the last 1 000 years; Hastings to Helmand 2014

Very interesting article and photographs detailing the kit carried / used by English and British soldiers over the course of 1 000 years, from the Battle of Hastings (1066) to Helmand. I originally saw the reference in the 4x4 Community Forum.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...o-Helmand.html

User

Default Re: Kit carried by English / British soldiers over the last 1 000 years; Hastings to Helmand 2014

Would be interesting to compare with the kit carried by our recce's during the border war.

Default Re: Kit carried by English / British soldiers over the last 1 000 years; Hastings to Helmand 2014

After weekend I have new respect for soldiers.

I went to play Airsoft game at Utac field in Atlantis.

I played with a CAA M4 CQB full steel version.
    Same weight as normal M4. CAA makes Roni and copies the airsoft guns they make to the dot.

With a tact vest on and 5 mags. Which is way lighter then original as it only holds bb's. And a P07 pistol as backup for close quarters. Which is about same weight a original unloaded.

We played in small type village area but was sandy.

Played 2 hours with breaks.

My legs and back muscles were done the evening. And Monday morning reminded me.

So to carry all these equipment they had to. They had to super fit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    Very interesting article and photographs detailing the kit carried / used by English and British soldiers over the course of 1 000 years, from the Battle of Hastings (1066) to Helmand. I originally saw the reference in the 4x4 Community Forum.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...o-Helmand.html
    Great idea.

Let down by the kak quality pics though

Should add the total weight of each kit as well as the inflation adjusted cost per kit.