Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    User

Default Re: SADPA Circular Letter No. 06 (2019)

As I was actually at the match: On some stages you start at the rear with targets each side of you, slightly ahead of the 180/90.

The wide angle lens in that video does make it looks a bit tighter than it was. I actually took one step diagonally forward on that stage to better see a hidden target, and was still clear of the 180 on that target. I didn't consider that to be any tighter than I've seen before, and easy to stick to as you're not moving fast when you engage it.

Moving backwards with a gun is more common in IPSC shoots, and doing so safely and quickly is a good thing to practice. Adding a long gun makes execution different, but not that much. Mention to the RO your general plan and if you are going to bolt it, to be polite.

I'm very safety safety conscious and bring things up if I see them, and I did so at a shoot two weekends ago. My squad had one DQ due to a brain fart during dumping of an unloaded handgun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Perhaps.

Attachment 31179
    At 6:18. If we assume the man with the blue shirt is 2m tall, it appears that he is standing within 3 m of the line of fire. Just saying, not where I would be if I had a choice.
    I did not notice that the 3rd spectator (far right) took a step to the right as if he was uncertain to move further away or stay when the shooter engage that target

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I was looking for the part you mentioned. It does look...odd. Guy with gun also runs in the direction of the RO, which in turn has to run away from the shooter. You know I love you guys, Oom Paul, so I would really like to see your take on this?
    I wasn't on that range at that time, so I can't really comment. I do know and trust the highly competent and experienced Range Officers on that detail. I will say that the brutal heat was forcing people to seek shade wherever they could find it.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    I did not notice that the 3rd spectator (far right) took a step to the right as if he was uncertain to move further away or stay when the shooter engage that target
    Maybe he just thought: "Aw, dammit! So be it." and stayed in the shade...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Apparently we will only be refunded after the DMG Nationals now.
    I was contacted last night and the payment was made soon after

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15