Default Announcement: The QuarterMaster

TheQuarterMaster_medium_cropped_1.jpgThe QuarterMaster reopening Web resized-7.jpg

As I’m sure you’re all aware, TacQM used to host their online shop with Shopify.

Towards the end of Feb 2019, Shopify decided that they hated the idea that TacQM sold things like magazines that held more than 10 rounds, or pocket knives, or stuff to clean cartridges with and de-platformed the entire store.

There was discussion as to whether they should capitulate and remove items from the store which are perfectly legal in the country in which they are sold.

The guys decided that guilt by implication was not something they could swallow and decided to start over. I know, right?
    Start over in this economic climate?
    Were they crazy?

Actually no. TacQM was built on honour and credibility and they weren’t going to backtrack on their integrity, so balls to the wall, they decided to build a brand new platform that they could continue selling good gear to the good guys, with no snowflakery involved.

They saw this as a massive opportunity to do things a little differently and hopefully a little better.
    The decision was made to have a walk-in store as well where you can come in and touch and feel the item you may want to purchase.
    The new online store is up and running and is much more manageable than the last platform, so it allows for speedier uploads and product changes/updates.

They also saw this as an opportunity to re-brand the business. The word ‘Tactical’ has lost much of it’s original intent and seems to infer tacticool more than tried and tested gear now days.
    So the thinking caps went on again and ideas were played with. The one idea that never changed was that the business was indeed still a form of QuarterMaster store. They don’t just do tactical, or gun stuff, but the store caters for the offroader, the camper, the hiker, the outdoorsman, and yes still the gun enthusiast, hunter and security operator.

With resounding agreement, and also because it made so much sense as to not kill the brand they had worked so hard on, but also embrace the new, the business is called;
    TheQuarterMaster

It says exactly what they are, what they do, and what they stand for; Great gear for the good guys.

Check out the new site:
    https://www.thequartermaster.co.za

User

Default Re: Announcement: The QuarterMaster

Confused the crap out of me the other day when my googling and links kept going to this new place without the Tac part

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Sorry 'bout that

User

I have a fundamental problem with the new name! I have been to my Quartermasters 100s of times and never paid for anything, just signed on the dotted line. Worked for me

You're welcome to sign on the dotted line with us too....on the Speedpoint machine
    Last edited by TheQM; 05-09-2019 at 11:00.

User

New website is excellent!

User

looks great, but finding the website a little slow, and some links seem to have errors and do not load

Thanks sakush.
    The IT team is looking into it now.
    Last edited by TheQM; 05-09-2019 at 11:37.

User

Congratulations Craig and team.

Like the new look of the website.

Can also say that the service hasn't changed one bit; still the same excellent high level as before.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Congratulations Craig and team.

Like the new look of the website.

Can also say that the service hasn't changed one bit; still the same excellent high level as before.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much