Thread: help a new guy

User

Default help a new guy

hi there i have just joined gunsite sa and my internet know how is very limited,i have a question about reloading,just want to know if anybody can help.can i post on this forum?

User

Default Re: help a new guy

Hi

The General way is to post an introduction in the relevant section.
    You can then go and use the search function. Remember to make sure you are searching Gunsite and not the general Internet.
    If you can’t find what you looking for then start a thread under the relevant section IE, Reloading section perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Hallo Alessio,

There is a topic for reloading.

Please ask all you like, but do yourself the favour and go through the older threads as well. They will probably answer most of your questions.

User

thanx for the feedback,i own a`44mag 6 inch barrel and a .357 mag 4 inch barrel,i recently tried to buy gunpowder,to my surprise,none in the vaal triangle,i have not used my revolvers for the last 15 years, sorry i am very ashamed to admit,but i have started going to the range lately,anyway i did find powder,but they only had s221,i normally used s265,now i have the load data for s265 but not for s221,i found data for the.44 but nothing for the

User

thanx for the feedback,i own a`44mag 6 inch barrel and a .357 mag 4 inch barrel,i recently tried to buy gunpowder,to my surprise,none in the vaal triangle,i have not used my revolvers for the last 15 years, sorry i am very ashamed to admit,but i have started going to the range lately,anyway i did find powder,but they only had s221,i normally used s265,now i have the load data for s265 but not for s221,i found data for the.44 but nothing for the 357 i also like to use 38spl rounds ,more accurate for a non pro like me,so if somebody has the data for these two calibers with s221 it would help a lot,ps there is a7gr difference between the two powders for the 44,leaving the shell half empty is this ok?

Banned

Contact the good folks at Somchem and ask for a load. Manie Johannes is your go-to man and the contact details should be on the tin.

If a powder charge is really low you can add a little toilet paper on top to keep the load in place.

User

Alessio, I load S221 for my Astra 357 with 6 inch barrel.
    11.8 grain results in 1200 fps.
    I started at 10 grains and worked my way up.
    I suggest you do the same.
    I dont use 38 sp cases.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

User

Also need to mention thats for 158 grain bullets.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

User

thankx for the info i will give it a go from 10gr and let you know how it goes ,for the 38 i see load is about 1 gr less so i will try at 9gr and work up ,and great tip on the toilet paper,as the charge is really low.