Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Sheild Arms 15 round flush magazine for Glock 43x and Model 48

Ill also wait for a Gen 2 or 3, but the price though, around R1400 / Mag and another R1000 for the steel release, so to buy 2 mags for my 48 will cost R 3800? Thats a bit steep, and then if I wish to replace the mag springs Ill have to hope that someone has stock.....

Although, having 16 Rounds instead of 11 Rounds is appealing to me, thats why I still carry my G45 on occasion, especially when wearing a jacket....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Ill also wait for a Gen 2 or 3, but the price though, around R1400 / Mag and another R1000 for the steel release, so to buy 2 mags for my 48 will cost R 3800? Thats a bit steep, and then if I wish to replace the mag springs Ill have to hope that someone has stock.....

Although, having 16 Rounds instead of 11 Rounds is appealing to me, thats why I still carry my G45 on occasion, especially when wearing a jacket....
    Ouch,.at that price is it really worth it?
    You have another great pistol that i also have as one of my option's,.

As EDC how do you find it?
    Sorry i dont want to derail this thread..

I wanna get Dedicated soon,.
    Then buy my next gun as soon as finances allow.

Hence i am having a couple of options for my next gun.
    Also have a Glock 26(BUG Gun,though it's much smaller than i am use to),Glock 43X/48(Mentioned) & Glock45 as my initial option's.

Currently have a Cz 75(sec 13) & PO 7 Gen2(sec 15).

Yep exactly. That’s why I didn’t get them when the first batch came. It was just out of my budget. After they sold out in 2 weeks I kinda regret not getting one at least though. Hopefully the gen 2’s will be coming here next(doubt the gen 3 will come out anytime soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck 1941 View Post
    Ouch,.at that price is it really worth it?
    You have another great pistol that i also have as one of my option's,.

As EDC how do you find it?
    Sorry i dont want to derail this thread..

I wanna get Dedicated soon,.
    Then buy my next gun as soon as finances allow.

Hence i am having a couple of options for my next gun.

Currently have a Cz 75(sec 13) & PO 7 Gen2(sec 15).
    To be honest you have an equivalent glock 45 (p07) as an option for winter months. The 43x/48 is a nice summer gun.

I would say if you have some extra cash, the mags are well worth it. You get to hold the same amount of rounds as a glock 19 which is brilliant considering it’s size.

And the mags are the same price as a 10 or 12 round sig p365 mag if you considering going in that direction as well

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    To be honest you have an equivalent glock 45 (p07) as an option for winter months. The 43x/48 is a nice summer gun.

I would say if you have some extra cash, the mags are well worth it. You get to hold the same amount of rounds as a glock 19 which is brilliant considering it’s size.

And the mags are the same price as a 10 or 12 round sig p365 mag if you considering going in that direction as well
    You have raised a very good point PotatoFace.

Maybe i should give my attention to the 26 Gen 5 or maybe Gen 3 vs the 43 X rather..

To have as a BUG Gun..
    mmm

Default Sheild Arms 15 round flush magazine for Glock 43x and Model 48

You have raised a very good point PotatoFace.

Maybe i should give my attention to the 26 Gen 5 or maybe Gen 3 vs the 43 X rather..

To have as a BUG Gun..
    mmm
    Yep both good choices. There a lot of YouTube videos.

But personally I think if you have a compact p07 and a full size cz 75. The 43x is the better option. It’s a lot thinner than the 26 and also holds 10 rounds with stock mag(given it has a longer grip, but that also makes it a lot easier to hold)
    And when you get some cash, getting the shield arms mag and mag release transforms it to a new level. That’s when the gun shines.

You should really go to a gun shop and see the difference in thickness. It might sway you.

Best of luck with the decision though. You won’t go wrong with either

Oh and btw. Tactical HQ has the glock 43x mos model for 12k (as a father day special so might end Saturday. You can call to confirm)

User

The 48 does not really carry much "easier" than the 45 for me, thats because im hell bent on carrying even if my only choice was to carry my CZ Shadow, BUT, the 48 pretty much conceals itself under my shirt in AIWB, were the 45 does print, the fatter I am the easier the 45 conceals but im working on losing weight so I noticed yesterday that the 45 does print under just a shirt....

If you cant a carry glock for SD then the 48 is a great option and if you one day have 3-4K laying around then the shield arms 15 rounder is also a good option, how will the steel magazine affect your polymer frame after a decade of use? We dont know yet.... though t5he fact that you can chuck a 19 round glock 17 mag in a 26 is also very appealing...
    My next Glock is for sure going to be a 26. In fact, my long term goal is probably to replace the 45 with a 26, and then get a Shadow 2 as my primary gaming gun with the shadow 1 as a backup gaming gun, currently the 45 is my backup gaming gun and backup SD gun...

User

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFace View Post
    Yep both good choices. There a lot of YouTube videos.

But personally I think if you have a compact p07 and a full size cz 75. The 43x is the better option. It’s a lot thinner than the 26 and also holds 10 rounds with stock mag(given it has a longer grip, but that also makes it a lot easier to hold)
    And when you get some cash, getting the shield arms mag and mag release transforms it to a new level. That’s when the gun shines.

You should really go to a gun shop and see the difference in thickness. It might sway you.

Best of luck with the decision though. You won’t go wrong with either

Oh and btw. Tactical HQ has the glock 43x mos model for 12k (as a father day special so might end Saturday. You can call to confirm)
    I wish i had the cash right now,.

User

The 48 does not really carry much "easier" than the 45 for me, thats because im hell bent on carrying even if my only choice was to carry my CZ Shadow, BUT, the 48 pretty much conceals itself under my shirt in AIWB, were the 45 does print, the fatter I am the easier the 45 conceals but im working on losing weight so I noticed yesterday that the 45 does print under just a shirt....

If you cant a carry glock for SD then the 48 is a great option and if you one day have 3-4K laying around then the shield arms 15 rounder is also a good option, how will the steel magazine affect your polymer frame after a decade of use? We dont know yet.... though t5he fact that you can chuck a 19 round glock 17 mag in a 26 is also very appealing...
    My next Glock is for sure going to be a 26. In fact, my long term goal is probably to replace the 45 with a 26, and then get a Shadow 2 as my primary gaming gun with the shadow 1 as a backup gaming gun, currently the 45 is my backup gaming gun and backup SD gun...
    I also wanna loose sum weight pretty much in the same boat as you..
    The 26 is ticking at the moment all the right boxes for me in terms of a BUG gun,very CCW' able and the fact that it can accept a lot more options in terms of magz.

Just how shootable are they?

User

Just how shootable are they?
    In my opinion, the G48 (the one I have) takes a bit getting use to with the slim grip, but then the 26 (the one my wife has) also takes getting use to with its short grip.

The answer to your question will depend on you entirely, how much will you practice, maybe line up a good training course or 2.

Both are GREAT handguns, I will get a 26 in the future, but that's only because I all ready have the 48

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast