Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: AR-15 Suppressor options

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    The way I understand it direct thread will unscrew itself when it heats up, think loosening troublesome wheel nuts with heat. Fine for hunting rifle but not for semi auto mag dumping. Iirc I got that explanation from Hailstormza when I was shopping around.
    Jip, this is how I also have it or at least what I want to prevent. Other thing is that I will not use the silencer much and like the A2 flash hider.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    I am looking at the M80K and M80CQS50. All suppressors with a QD system seem to be heavy but I guess you have to pay the price if you want the QD.
    Direct thread is not something I am looking for as the suppressor would not be used much (that is my opinion now :) )
    The Silent Steel Streamer is a managed gas blow back suppressor system designed specifically for use on DI AR type guns (and works very well as well on AKs which are imo mostly quite overgassed even though they are piston operated guns). It works on a different design than the Ase Utra Dual but with similar results in gas blow back management.

The SS is a screw on design which uses either the AU flashider or brake and the new SS flashider and brake as muzzle device for attachment.

The suppressor has a patented design that uses a cone in the suppressor core to keep the suppressor positively engaged on the muzzle device thread by the use of gas pressure instead of a QD lock system to keep the suppressor from unthreading itself.

User

That Silent Steel Micro streamer looks awesome! Please let us know when you have new stock as well as the QD flash hiders.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    That Silent Steel Micro streamer looks awesome! Please let us know when you have new stock as well as the QD flash hiders.
    Afaik there is currently stock of the Micro and stock is expected on the Compact and FS in mid to end Aug. Best would be to contact Arlo 012 348 2203 for more info.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6