Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Question AR-15 Suppressor options

Looking for options for a suppressor for an AR-15.

First choice is/was a SAIMAA Still QD, but Hailstorm doesn't have stock. Are there any other retailers that would stock them?

What other options are available? Ideally quick detach and as compact as possible.

Appreciate any suggestions and input.

User

Default Re: AR-15 Suppressor options

For hard use I suggest a Ase Utra.

User

I did quite a bit of homework on this.
    spoke to owners of both aseultra and saimaa.
    Managed to find a person who had both, he recommended the saimaa due to the fact it had very little blow back compared to the aseultra.
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...LL-SUPPRESSORS

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    I did quite a bit of homework on this.
    spoke to owners of both aseultra and saimaa.
    Managed to find a person who had both, he recommended the saimaa due to the fact it had very little blow back compared to the aseultra.
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...LL-SUPPRESSORS
    That is correct iro the gas blowback and it really works very well without having to change anything on the gun. Saimaa's first batches to us had either steel or high quality aluminium suppressor bodies. On our last batch some of he bodies were not the same and those imo do not qualify for hard use.

AFAIK Saimaa is not producing currently due to business relocation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    That is correct iro the gas blowback and it really works very well without having to change anything on the gun. Saimaa's first batches to us had either steel or high quality aluminium suppressor bodies. On our last batch some of he bodies were not the same and those imo do not qualify for hard use.

good to know.
    thanks

This happens so many times. A person or company brings out a great product. Then they decide they want to make money quicker. Instead of promoting. They change design using cheaper components. Which lowers the quality. Then at the end sales drop as customers do not like the inferior item. And the company stops making the item.

User

For hard use I suggest a Ase Utra.
    Ditto: plus one from me for this. Saimaa Still is still under the process of relocating for reasons I'm too ashamed to speak out loud.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Ditto: plus one from me for this. Saimaa Still is still under the process of relocating for reasons I'm too ashamed to speak out loud.
    oh no.. you cant put that out there and then leave us hanging..
    How bad is the blow back with the aseultra ?

User

Yeah give it to us unsupressed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    oh no.. you cant put that out there and then leave us hanging..
    How bad is the blow back with the aseultra ?
    Ok....

The basic version of Ase Utra blows back a lot. I know, I've got one and use the one. Their "Low Back Pressure" -version maybe a bit less. But you can live with it, better yet if you have an adjustable gas port you can tame it quite a bit.

About the destiny of Saimaa Still, I'll tell the tale when I get back from my hunting trip to the eastern Finland, almost smelling the Fenno-Soviet borderline. Too long and complex screenplay to be hasty with the story which includes FDF, police and border guard special forces, assumed international espionage, tax evasion, alleged green men in the bush, suspected enemy support facility and a raid of a scale never seen in Finland before.

And none of this has in fact anything to do with Saimaa Still or their staff, but it all did lead to the company's exodus from Finland.

But more about it later, now I've got some serious packing to do and to rumble away towards radio silence...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast