Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: DIY kydex holsters

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Yeah Steve, some of the local guys really make superb products. I suspect its easy to make, but difficult to make nicely. A hour to learn, a thousand hours to master type story.

Marnus, so you reuse the kydex when you make alterations or do you use new kydex sheets and create new holsters?
    No I use the same holster and just modify it where necessary with a heat gun. So you keep the overall shape and only heat up the part you need adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Where do you guys get your tools from? It seems to me that the entry point for starting is pretty expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Where do you guys get your tools from? It seems to me that the entry point for starting is pretty expensive.
    Which tools? To make a press can get foam from few different places, but yes good quality foam is pricey. Othe than that, if you are handy with tools and DIY, you can do most of the stuff

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    Which tools? To make a press can get foam from few different places, but yes good quality foam is pricey. Othe than that, if you are handy with tools and DIY, you can do most of the stuff
    How do you set rivets and caps? The tool I saw for that is 500 bucks. Looks like a simple punch.

User

There is a range of rivets and tools that are sold at most sewing shops. Brand name escapes me hey have punches and die sets that were less than R100 when I bought a few years back. You can also get snaps at sewing places.

User

Just googled this up. Looks identical to the ones I bought ago. They come in various diameters.

User

Thanks for the input everyone, I will look more into it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4