Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: DIY kydex holsters

I have a friend that is struggling to find a holster for his revolver. We’re going to order some of the stuff and see how it goes.

Will share our findings and report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

I also want to try making my own holster. I bought one from Daniels to use as my EDC but I want to try making an OWB for using now and then at the range or when going hunting etc. I know I definitely can't match the quality of the pros so rather trust them with my daily holster

User

Recommended temp is around 200 but I did it to 180. It heats up quite quickly so just keep an eye on it and reheat if you don’t come right.

User

I have made a couple of firearm and knife kydex holster. I heat it up in the oven at about 180°C but if its heated up 150°C is also okay since you can burn the kydex if it gets to hot. I bought foam that I use to press it into shape. A pencil grinder and a drill also helps. I made all my own holsters, then bought a daniels defence and edge custom carry holster and went back to making my own.

User

One thing I can recommend with ovens - don't trust the dial temperature. Chances are it's wrong. Way wrong. For example, if I set my oven to 120°C, the internal temperature spikes to 155°C. So use an oven thermometer to check.

User

This is the first one I ever made.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

That looks good Elmar, well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Morning Guys. Been retrenched, so have some time on my hands. Been looking for a vacuum press locally, with very little success. Even Amazon doesnt have stock. Any idea where to search? I have contacted Open Moulds and KMTS, but still no reply...
    Have a project for the bicycle trade, but thought i could piggy back on kydex holsters too. I see Rescomp sell Blue Guns, but very limited in terms of models. Any suggestions there? Thanks for any info.

Good evening gents

Just an uptate to the original post. So I managed to build by first holster. I think it came out quite well. Took about two hours to create from idea to finished. I’ve already made some minor adjutments to the retention etc. Carries great now.

Next would be some mag carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I've made a few functional holsters that I have been using for the past few years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast