Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SADPA DMG NATIONALS

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    There was a push to move IPSC rifle major to about 285 or so. Unfortunately it died. I think would've been interesting.
    That actually would have been awesome! Then the .308 Win guys could download substantially and the guys using these 30cal intermediate calibres could play as well. I think the downloaded .308's would be just as shootable as the smaller calibres. I think it might have made a nice twist. Take the Major scoring or try run a bit faster with Minor.

Heck, my Black is pretty damn shootable compared with a 5.56 AR. Not quite as tame but my splits out to 50m are damn near the same between the Blk and my 5.56, longer it gets slower but not much, especially on follow up shots.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    There was a push to move IPSC rifle major to about 285 or so. Unfortunately it died. I think would've been interesting.
    iirc that was specifically to include milsurp 7.62x39, which would have JUST made it. That may have allowed AKs to be used in IPSC with a measure of competetiveness (compared to a FAL, for instance but probably not to an AR shooting 300BLK).

Funnily enough, I've had all my days trying to confince long-time ipsc shooters that I should score Minor when shooting my T56..

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    You are correct. My question was if Major Factor (Factor, not division) should be culled (in the same division) so that only Minor is recognised.

IDPA / SADPA is unlikely to adopt a "Minor / Major" scoring system like IPSC uses. Thus in order to get .308 FAL owners (for example) to compete they have Major divisions. Same as for example the Paris to Dakar race. Yes the guy with the KTM will be overall winner. But the Swedes or Russians with 10 ton trucks are willing to enter and pump money into the event because they have their own division / class they can win.

If there was a division ONLY for completion AR's the people with FAL's would quickly find somewhere else to spend their money.
    In a manner of speaking they do this with Revolver division in IDPA
    They have two divisions rolled into one, Standard Service Revolver and Enhanced Service Revolver, they compete in the same division, but Enhanced "moonclip" revolvers have to factor 155 vs 105 for a standard revolver

User

I have a question for the FAL / G3 / AR10 owners:
    If hypothetically SADPA DMG (or its replacement) was to have a major power floor of 280 in future...
    Would you be able to download your .308 (while still having a reliable gun) so that you would still be able to run with or beat an AK or 300BLK that does 280 major?

That being said; I have seen an AR 10 (PWS) with a muzzle brake that is also a comp, that looked like it had less recoil (slightly) than a standard AK.

Would you be at a severe disadvantage to 300BLK and 7.62 x 39 with a 308 or wouldn't it matter that much? (If they made 280 PF)

User

Following this with interest. We have similar issues in Pin Shooting in Light Rifle and Open Rifle (as our events are labelled)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You still going on about that? You need to take some advice from Elsa.
    Elsa was in Court defending a criminal today, no luck there, too busy to dispense any advice.

Self promotion comes at a cost, sometimes questions are asked & other times you get away with it.

"Work it out Phil"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    Elsa was in Court defending a criminal today, no luck there, too busy to dispense any advice.

Self promotion comes at a cost, sometimes questions are asked & other times you get away with it.

"Work it out Phil"
    HuH

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    HuH
    Is it too cryptic for you ? Or are the selected few only allowed to play that game ??

User

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    Is it too cryptic for you ? Or are the selected few only allowed to play that game ??

Okay we get it , but its starting to look like you joined this forum to bitch about a match and an organisation. Its time to take part in the broader forum.

User

Do any FAL / AR10 / G3 owners have opinions or thoughts to share regarding power factor?

Just power factor. No stuff about some bitch called Elsa, competitions that have nothing to do with DMG (post # 45 excluded. If Pin shooters have input; be my guest), or shit about kindergarten and the emotional scars it left. I don't own a TV. I have no idea what you are trying to say if you drag the above shit into a forum that is supposed to be about guns and shooting.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast