Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tactical carry and the GO Bag - By abhm

Quote Originally Posted by shaan

Craig, surely if you are not carrying anything illegal in your Go bag there is very little the police could do to you if searched at a roadblock?

I too am curious as to the laws pertaining to the storage of ammo.
    I agree, there should be no issues, its just some people get a bit gittery where firearms are concerned. Just looking for opinions here really.

I must say I like this idea, and have looked at this both from a tactical angle, and from an essential angle, as I should probably be more prepared when I travel etc.

I should probably know the storage of ammo laws, but don't, all my ammo is kept secure, other that what is in use, but its the quantity in a GO that I wonder about as this could be 2 spare mags, approx 30 rnds and maybe a spare box, another 50, plus your shipped mag and carry mag, another 30, so a total of approx 110 + ?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Thanks abhm for the article and Boerbok for your handy work. hpy180

This definately is an eye opener and made me think about a few things.

One or two questions about the the GO bag.

1. Assuming you have a GO bag filled with some goodies, where should this be kept? Safe, Saferoom or easily accessable?

2. And, assuming you carry a GO with a fair amount of rations, what would the police think of this should you be stopped in a routine roadblock.

As for contents, I'm thinking, spare mags, ammo, knife, dressings, stuff like this. Would the police not consider this suspicious and what are the laws regarding carrying and storing of ammo?
    hpy180

1 easy one Craig as I said in the article the Go bag, goes with you, yeah whilst you probably dont want to take it into the boardroom it should, I have one that looks like a laptop bag and guess what it carries a laptop, I have repacked so that certain of the items which are usually in the bag are stored in the car but my bag stays with me!

2 If you are carrying the ammo for which you have a license on your person there is no problem. Otherwise keep it locked in a cabinet at work etc when you are not carrying it. as for the food etc, well I dont know of any law prohibiting the carriage of food and water and seriously if a policemember stops you just say its my go bag and the stuff is there for emergencies and then ask him if he wants to watch redemption with you and see how he says "thank you sir, bye!"

obviously you adapt it to your locale and environment, if you are travelling through an airport, knives ammo etc will be either in a different container or not present, also get a bag with a bladder in it which takes care of the water aspect.

By the way guys, ole Swattie stocks almost all the bags, gloves boots etc that I have described so chat with him about cost
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Quote Originally Posted by shaan
    Thanks for a very informative artical Abham! lv29

One note: If you gonna use the condoms for "water" make sure they not scented... esp the stawberry ones... that smell gets EVERYWHERE (and explaing why you reek of strawberry maybe difficult to explain to your wife), and I can't imagine it tasting good...
    very true! yeah listen having a go bag is not a replacement for common sense rather an indicator thereof and if you piss of the lil lady by coming home smelling of fruit based prophylactic as Shaan did then you will also be neck deep and digging, or you can replace you bottle of "and shoulders" with a bottle of "off to the florist because my ass has been kicked"

on that note for Corne, Bok meister and the Dave remember a tube of KY! ;D
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Superb article abhm,

Never fear, there's enough KY in my bag to share with everyone but maybe not enough to get Shaan's wife's foot out of his @$$.

User

1 or 7 Questions:
    Who is responsible for packing your main medical kits?
    Do you change the contents depending on the nature of the trip? Bearing in mind specific risk factors, distance to definitive care and the possibility of casevac.
    What level of medical care is the team capable of providing?

Quote Originally Posted by DrDave
    1 or 7 Questions:
    Who is responsible for packing your main medical kits?
    Do you change the contents depending on the nature of the trip? Bearing in mind specific risk factors, distance to definitive care and the possibility of casevac.
    What level of medical care is the team capable of providing?
    on team jobs the team medic packs all the kits, yes we do change according to the threat environment but always go heavy on trauma, distance to definitive care is a huge factor.
    Some of the teams had paramedic level and a few especially the more remote and longer jobs had a GP. Every team member is trained to at least level 3

For anyone who wants to enter the industry or who wants to be well prepared go and do a remote medical course consider the level 3 as entry level

User

Thanks abhm! Your points raise a few more questions in my mind. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll start another topic in Scenarios and Tactics on the role of TEMS (Tactical Emergency Medical Support)

Thanks abhm, good work on the article.

If anyone is interested I have just posted some Go Bags for Sale.

User

On the Maglites (now used at home )I would like to suggest converting to the LED type light

Saving power is not the only advantage this type of light should also be able to handle abuse better than the conventional bulb.

Just my personal preference..........

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast