Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Compound bow draw lengths and draw weights

http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/...bohawk/review/ This link have some of the info you might need.

Quote Originally Posted by SJB View Post
    Did you measure the draw weight after the let of? Remember most compound bows have a % loss at full draw to help you aim and hold the bow at full draw. On my bow i can adjust the amount of let off with the draw lenght modules for the cams.
    I measured both times from the start of the pull.. However I spoke to another archery expert and this is what he told me
    "No may be it was turned out to far down to 40 lbs. If you read the hoyt manual it will tell you 5 turns max, @ about 2 lbs a turn which will put it at 60lbs if it's a 70lbs max bow. So possibly turned out more it is should have been and on the last few threads of the limb bolts. If that makes sense."

And according to him to get the draw length to 29-30" it will cost or at leat he will charge somwhere around 5k

He also said that better option will be for me to sell the bow... So that's what I'm considering at the moment

User

From your pictures and the link i posted it seems you will have to change the cam to get the correct draw lenght. Best option might be to sell and find something that will suit you better.

Thanks for all the info guys..I have decided to sell it.. I hope this thread will help others that are new to the bow technology things and for the other guys like me who believe in the rule "pull it shoot it love it"

it was definitely a pleasure to have all the input from you guys.. You guys are all geniuses!

User

I have a Hoyt TurboHawk. Excellent bow. Old, but still good...

The Cams need to be replaced. I swopped my bow's cams at Magnum Archery in Kempton. They had cams, cost me R250 for the 20 minutes they spent on the bow...

No need to replace the string.

If the bolts are turned out too far, the bow is not safe or stable. and if it doesn't hurt you, you will likely suffer in accuracy. turn it in all the way, and back of until you are happy with the draw weight. in your case, somewhere between 60 and 70lbs. don't go below 60.

R5k for a set of cams is crazy...

ccording to magnum archery I'll have to change the string, limbs, cams and modules to get the draw length to 29-30"... i sent them the same close up pics of the wheels that I posted earlier .. Here's what they quoted me

"Cams: R2300, modules R399, limbs R4200 and strings R1500"

All this is basically to get the bow to 29-30"

gfg.jpg

User

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    ccording to magnum archery I'll have to change the string, limbs, cams and modules to get the draw length to 29-30"... i sent them the same close up pics of the wheels that I posted earlier .. Here's what they quoted me

"Cams: R2300, modules R399, limbs R4200 and strings R1500"

All this is basically to get the bow to 29-30"

gfg.jpg
    wow!. Yes, I think you have made the right call to sell the bow and get another. I havent bought a bow in a few years and am a little out of touch with new bow pricing, but it seems that cost quoted plus whatever you'll get for your current setup should put you in ballpark for better suited option. I am a Bowtech fan so I cant give advise on choice as my judgement is subjective :)

User

Ok, so depending on what CAM the bow currently have, you might need to flip cams... if you HAVE an XTR #2 Cam fitted, you can go up to 27.5" draw length. longer, you need XTR #3 cams... so that might be why you need to have CAMS replaced. and if you change CAMS, you would need to change the bow strings...

If you ALREADY have a XTR #3, then you just need to get the correct module, for 29" it would be module C

Why they would want to change your bow's limbs! you only change the limbs if you want to change the DRAW WEIGHT, nothing to do with draw length.. that is CAMS and Modules's job...

if thats the cost, it is definately not worth trying to change... the bow is not worth that much...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast