Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Jizni - very unhappy

Hi all, this happened to me this last week and after chatting with the owner, Marius, as very displeased with the outcome, i thought seeing that this is an information highway and many of you possibly have or will chose to do business with Jizni that i should share my experience.

A friend and myself both together bought two CZ Scorpion Evo S1's from Dave Sheer and began about buying the necessary accessories, we bought som HB Industries stuff, an H1 Aimpoint etc etc. The one thing we were unable to source were CZ 3rd gen Black Plastic mags with the windows.

After getting the guns we did our research as i always do and we learnt that the grey Translucent mags were to be avoided in their Gen 1 and Gen 2 guise as they would experience cracking at the feed lips . a mutual friend warned us of this out the gates but said that the black polymer with the windows had corrected this.

Move forward a few months and i phone the agents Formalito who inform me that they have supplied only Jizni in PTA with these mags, i Phone JIZNI and they confirm that they have 6, i confirm on their site that they have listed 6 black mags with windows, i go online and purchase all 6 then phone then to confirm the order is in and that they are keeping the 6 for collection, the following day i go to JIZNI, the chap removes 6 plastic zip lock bags with a big white sticker on all of them and opens one which i take a pic of and send to my mate to show him they are the correct mags. He then removes another mag and proceeds to show me how to tweak the couplers to fit the mag, as he says they dont fit 100%.

i accept this and see what he is saying, turns out the couplers were actually for the grey mags and not the black ones, any case i accept it and buy two couplers as well. he put the mags into a bag i pay and leave.

this was Wednesday 6th Nov 19, fast forward to Saturday late evening on the 9th Nov 19. my mate and i just finished a long weekend having attended the NAACCSA AGM and we are keen to take the time to tweak the mags, he is on a visit from East London from the Eastern Cape. We open the various zip lock bags to attched 2 sets to two couplers and he says hold on. 4 of the mags are the Black Polymer with the windows, but the other two are the grey mags. I apologise to him as 3 mags were for him and 3 for me and tell him it is probably that the mags found their way into the wrong box, and it should be an easy fix.

fast forward to Monday morning i ohone JIZNI and explain what has happened, i am told that this is not possible and it can not be that i bought those mags from them as the last shipment of grey mags was in April of 2019 and they had no stock and that they do various checks to ensure that what i am telling them is impossible. He says he will check and later comes back to me confirming his story.

While i was paying for the mags in store i happened to see two black window CZ evo mags under his trolley and almost cracked a joke about why he did not sell me 8, but left it as i thought it may come across rude. I ask him if perhaps the two mags laying there on the trolley were perhaps not removed from the box and those are mine as they say they are now out of stock. He replies no that these were paid for by another customer, i then ask him why are they not in their zip lock bags if they are for a customer, he says something about testing them at the range. I am dissatisfied with this answer and the general way the conversation is going, i ask to speak to the owner to which i am given a generic JIZNI email address.

After chatting to my friend he manages to get the cell number of the owner Marius, who takes my call, and after i start to explain the situation tells me he has been made aware of it. i ask him then what is he going to do to rectify it, to which he basically tells me that those mags did not come from him and he is not prepared to do anything about it.

I explain to him that i very specifically wanted the black mags with the windows and that the only mags i have bought was from him, and of the 6, 2 are the grey, he tells me this is not and he is standing on that. upon me asking how this is possible he again stands on the fact that they have checked the mags and it is not possible those mags came from them, thus i infer that he is telling me that i am trying to pull a fast one on him, which i take exception to. To now he is not willing to make this right, and i am left livid.

Yes perhaps i should have checked each and every mag was the correct one, however when one buys a washing machine from makro they fetch you a sealed box with a picture on the box of what you have bought, i have never thought to open the box at the store to vet that the correct machine is in the box. Upon inspection i see that the plastic bag has a different description if you go read with the "Black Polymer" omitted from the description and the bar-code is different by one digit.

I am very bitter about not only not getting what i paid for and as it happens getting 2 of exactly what i EXPRESSLY DID NOT WANT, but i take exception when someone infers that i am being dishonest in my dealings, the many on here that know me will know that after having done business and dealings with many of you numerous times that i am not of the type that will be rotten enough to try to "pull a fast one" on anyone. I hate that this is the perception that he has imposed on me by his less then satisfactory answer, i have never been insulted by any business owner the way that i have by JIZNI and by the owner Marius, his inability to even entertain what i am saying, in short i am left with a very bitter taste in my mouth with an owner who in the least is not even willing to listen and absorb what i am saying, that places the blame on me in full and basically left saying that i am the one that is trying to "make a plan". i will NEVER deal with them again, and i wanted all of you to know this has happened, as it would not surprise me if it happens again.

In ending, they told me that the last shipment of grey mags had no plastic sleeve, however i was given two grey mags amoung the 6 i bought that had the plastic sleeve with the correct sticker on the bags, this leads me to infer that someone switched the legit black mags i paid for, with two that i did not want and sold them onto me under the guise of them being the same as all the others.

I am not willing to leave it there and will be approaching my attorney. i can laugh off the R1,100 odd i lost in this transaction, but will not accept my good name being called into question.

User

Default Re: Jizni - very unhappy

Wow, a bit hectic, and also unlike Jizni. Wonder what their side of it is.

Let me just sort my reply properly and I'll explain what happened here.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I have had many years of interaction with Andy and I know him to be very particular about his hobbies and in particular his guns.
    I do not believe that Andy would be so careless in detail about any of his guns that he owns.
    ( He is an expert on the guns he owns without a doubt)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Well Ive purchased alot from Jizni. And I will in future still. I even once made a pre order for Cajun kit before they had stock. And always been exceptionally happy with them.

Just give Marius time to look into it and get back to you. I am sure he will.
    Also You picked up on the 6th you mentioned and only noticed on the 9th. So in those 3 days you did not check it at all?

Also if you contacted them on 11th. And today is morning of 13th. And I a am sure you would have only spoken to Marius later on the 11th. You havent given him alot of time to investigate and back to you what happened. Not taking sides. Just thinking you need to give enough time for them to look into.

Remember youve had it longer in your possession than the time youve given him to look into the matter

Hi Shooty. Yes as I said I was at the NAACCSA AGM on Friday and Saturday and running around on Thursday. I have been keeping all the accessories one side until the gun is licensed so they sat in the bag until Saturday evening after the NAACCSA AGM was done and finished. Friday we only got back just before 12am as we stranded the after meeting dinner which went till late.

Let me first summarise what was said already: Andy visited the store personally and spent time looking and discussing the magazines. The magazines were packaged in clear zip-lock bags. He accepted the order and left. Five days later, he contacted us saying that some of them were something else.

I would also like to give a bit of context about the way the problem was handled. There is no such thing as escalating a customer problem over here. Every single issue gets “escalated” and discussed with the whole team. The “generic” email address pipes into a world-class ticketing system monitored by everybody here. Every problem ticket stays open until resolved, and discussed every day during our morning meetings. We can spend this amount of time per issue because we don’t have a lot of them to deal with. I take the lead in establishing a culture of owning up to our mistakes, by openly discussing my own mistakes as well, and my people have earned my trust.

So, I have a salesperson faced with a customer claiming that some products that he had personally collected the previous week are the wrong products. After talking to Andy, he discussed the situation with our stock controller, and they went through all the possibilities, none of them checking out. Andy was called back as soon as possible, and I was similarly informed as quickly as possible. I double-checked all the available information myself. There is no doubt in my mind that the magazines that Andy received were as received from the agents earlier that week. Very little time has passed between receiving and selling them, and we haven’t had the translucent magazines in stock for months. For this error to have occurred, one must thus accept that the wrong products have been booked into and out of stock by at least three different companies. On our side, two different people checked the magazines when we received and sold them. Neither have any doubt that they were indeed the correct items. Finally, we handed it to the customer in person who accepted it.

These were the facts that I presented to Andy. I have listened to him for a total of 38 minutes, Monday evening between six and seven. Apart from how many people he knows and what good friends he is with the people of Gunsite, that did not offer me a lot of additional information to change our conclusion.

I have worked very hard to build a reputation as an honest business. I had contacted customers as well as suppliers to rectify errors with which we could have gotten away with by just staying quiet. We tend to trust customers more than most, but one has to draw the line somewhere and all information still indicates that our system of checks worked as intended.

This is not going to be a pleasant thread to follow... therefore added to my ignore list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I have also bought quite a few times from Jiznie. They were quite accommodating and on point with one of my orders that required a change of address. I hope this gets resolved by both parties.

User

I dealt with jizni a few times . Had an issue with Mecgar magazines that wouldn't fit my CZ 75 Transitional B .

I was refunded in full even tho one mag did work correctly and the ones that didn't had deep scuff marks from having to be forced out .

Im sorry for your unfortunate situation , but Jizni and Marius have been excellent from my experience .

Hope you get sorted .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast