Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Jizni - very unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    . For this error to have occurred, one must thus accept that the wrong products have been booked into and out of stock by at least three different companies. On our side, two different people checked the magazines when we received and sold them. Neither have any doubt that they were indeed the correct items. Finally, we handed it to the customer in person who accepted it.
    andy_760901 the following day i go to JIZNI, the chap removes 6 plastic zip lock bags with a big white sticker on all of them and opens one which i take a pic of and send to my mate to show him they are the correct mags. He then removes another mag and proceeds to show me how to tweak the couplers to fit the mag, as he says they dont fit 100%.

This is not the first time or last time that wrong items are shipped, stored and sold in wrong packaging, wrong barcode, wrong description and wrong price. (not saying that this happened in this case). The human error is always present. A big group store sold a “remote blaster mod 2” compatible with the latest remotes. After customer no 4 complain it doesn’t work they tested all the items in stock. More than half of the items were old mod 1 devices and not mod 2 although packed in a mod 2 box. As the items looks exactly the same only by opening the device and inspecting the pc board you could determine the difference.

Every customer buy items in a box or plastic bag and accepted in good faith that the item is correct and in mint working condition. I myself had also some damaged or broken items sold to me and only notice once you open the box at home, maybe the same day or a week later. (and yes, there are some customers that misuse the system when they themselves damage the item and claim it is faulty)

I would suggest contacting the supplier and reporting the incident. Maybe in good faith the supplier will swap the magazines.

Let me first summarise what was said already: Andy visited the store personally and spent time looking and discussing the magazines. The magazines were packaged in clear zip-lock bags. He accepted the order and left. Five days later, he contacted us saying that some of them were something else.

I would also like to give a bit of context about the way the problem was handled. There is no such thing as escalating a customer problem over here. Every single issue gets “escalated” and discussed with the whole team. The “generic” email address pipes into a world-class ticketing system monitored by everybody here. Every problem ticket stays open until resolved, and discussed every day during our morning meetings. We can spend this amount of time per issue because we don’t have a lot of them to deal with. I take the lead in establishing a culture of owning up to our mistakes, by openly discussing my own mistakes as well, and my people have earned my trust.

So, I have a salesperson faced with a customer claiming that some products that he had personally collected the previous week are the wrong products. After talking to Andy, he discussed the situation with our stock controller, and they went through all the possibilities, none of them checking out. Andy was called back as soon as possible, and I was similarly informed as quickly as possible. I double-checked all the available information myself. There is no doubt in my mind that the magazines that Andy received were as received from the agents earlier that week. Very little time has passed between receiving and selling them, and we haven’t had the translucent magazines in stock for months. For this error to have occurred, one must thus accept that the wrong products have been booked into and out of stock by at least three different companies. On our side, two different people checked the magazines when we received and sold them. Neither have any doubt that they were indeed the correct items. Finally, we handed it to the customer in person who accepted it.

These were the facts that I presented to Andy. I have listened to him for a total of 38 minutes, Monday evening between six and seven. Apart from how many people he knows and what good friends he is with the people of Gunsite, that did not offer me a lot of additional information to change our conclusion.

I have worked very hard to build a reputation as an honest business. I had contacted customers as well as suppliers to rectify errors with which we could have gotten away with by just staying quiet. We tend to trust customers more than most, but one has to draw the line somewhere and all information still indicates that our system of checks worked as intended.
    I've known Andy personally for a long time. Andy is a giver and refuses to take. If anything he treats people (even those who are suspect) with dignity and respect. I know of, and personally know people who have dealt with Andy for almost two decades. He is absolutely above repute. "Absolutely" is a strong term and I'm thus putting my own reputation on the line here.

If Andy says it's that way, then it is. The Andy I know would rather give away items he's not happy with than pull a dishonest trick. After all the man is financially very sound.

As for my opinion no-one asked for, the fault lies with either the wholesaler or the dealer. I hope Jizni who has the responsibility directly with the customer sees their client right or we as customers will have a bad taste in mouth. Marius do the honourable thing and serve your customer. The fault may not be yours personally, but its obviously not Andy's.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User

What’s the possibility that someone in the shop swapped out two of the mags in the hope that Andy may not have a problem with the different mags?

I have dealt with Andy a couple of years ago when he bought my USP Expert and he went the extra mile to make the deal work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question if it was in Zip lock bags. Surely a person can see whats inside even without opening them. Or were these zip lock bags not clear plastic. Even with sticker on one side the other side would clearly have shown the mag inside. Unless not clear plastic.

User

I've given Marius the pleasure of taking my money on more than a few occasions, if we're all swinging dicks and praising reputations then mine is with him.

5 days is a long time for something to be sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Question if it was in Zip lock bags. Surely a person can see whats inside even without opening them. Or were these zip lock bags not clear plastic. Even with sticker on one side the other side would clearly have shown the mag inside. Unless not clear plastic.
    This is what is causing my dilemma. They are packed in clear ziplock bags. The sticker only partially obscures the magazine on the one side and the new magazines have a distinct white follower. Not a sealed box with a picture on the outside. If 1/3 of the products were wrong, it must have been obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Yes perhaps i should have checked each and every mag was the correct one, however when one buys a washing machine from makro they fetch you a sealed box with a picture on the box of what you have bought, i have never thought to open the box at the store to vet that the correct machine is in the box.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Was the packaging sealed from the agent/factory or repacked in house?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Was the packaging sealed from the agent/factory or repacked in house?
    Factory packaged ziplock bags.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Factory packaged ziplock bags.
    Unsealed or not?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Guys as I said. The chap at the store opened two and those were the only two I looked at I did not go through everything. They were packed In a white bag after I looked at the two that were black with the windows, and that is where they stayed until Saturday where I tried to tweak the couplers and that is when I saw after I removed them from the bags.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast