Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 15 round magazine for G43x/49

I hope this isnt old news. A 15 round magazine for the 10 round skinny glocks. Will be interesting to follow any reliability issues.

Anyone know why Glock makes its magazines the way it does. The polymer steel mix. It could become a limitation for them.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    I hope this isnt old news. A 15 round magazine for the 10 round skinny glocks. Will be interesting to follow any reliability issues.

Anyone know why Glock makes its magazines the way it does. The polymer steel mix. It could become a limitation for them.

Remember all those issues you haven’t heard about with GLOCK OEM mags. Exactly.

User

Default Re: 15 round magazine for G43x/49

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post

Short answer. Reliability

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

How could the construction of a Glock mag become a limitation? As far as I know and have experienced they always work, so I am not sure how that might be limiting?

User

I doubt this will work long term,
    I'd like to try one but they will probably be very expensive when/if we ever see them here,

My experience with pretty much every aftermarket Glock mag has been one of Malfunctions and breakages,

I shall be running my 48 with the standard 10 rounders, as my life would depend on the reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    How could the construction of a Glock mag become a limitation? As far as I know and have experienced they always work, so I am not sure how that might be limiting?
    So are you saying Glock makes a trade off between storage efficiency and reliability? Its one or the other? If so that would answer my question. Assuming that there any reliability issues with say the Sig or Hellcat magazines.

QUOTE=BigT;1340996]Remember all those issues you haven’t heard about with GLOCK OEM mags. Exactly.[/QUOTE]

So Glock makes a trade off in the construction of its magazines? Rock solid reliability over capacity.

So Glock makes a trade off in the construction of its magazines? Rock solid reliability over capacity.
    I really don’t see that as a trade off.

Reliability is a sine qua non for a magazine, especially one that goes into a defensive gun.

It’s reliability first, then everything else comes later on.

User

I will be carrying my Glock 43 with the standard 6 round mag, one in the chamber, and 2 spare mags, because 6 or 7 rounds that WORK is much better than 8,9,or even 15 that dont.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I really don’t see that as a trade off.

Reliability is a sine qua non for a magazine, especially one that goes into a defensive gun.

It’s reliability first, then everything else comes later on.
    Yes that links to my question. Is there something about the polymer on steel design that, while giving great reliability, might limit the type of magazine size capacity ratio seen on the Sig and that Springfield?

Or do they simply have a different design philosophy and are not bothered about designing a tiny pistol with a relatively high capacity?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast