Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: 15 round magazine for G43x/49

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I will be carrying my Glock 43 with the standard 6 round mag, one in the chamber, and 2 spare mags, because 6 or 7 rounds that WORK is much better than 8,9,or even 15 that dont.....
    I would have bought a 43 if there was a factory 6 and 7 or 8.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    I would have bought a 43 if there was a factory 6 and 7 or 8.
    I own more than one Glock, the 43 is for when I dont really want to be carrying, Church, corporate meetings, kids birthday parties ect, but ill probably end up carrying it the most, Still waiting for the CFR to bless me

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    Yes that links to my question. Is there something about the polymer on steel design that, while giving great reliability, might limit the type of magazine size capacity ratio seen on the Sig and that Springfield?

Or do they simply have a different design philosophy and are not bothered about designing a tiny pistol with a relatively high capacity?
    "Relatively high capacity" ... Explain relatively in the context? If the G43 mag was made from steel only the inside dimensions of the mag might have been able to accommodate 1 extra round. Or maybe not, I am not sure. That would mean then in the explained scenario that a 7 round capability is relatively low but 8 is relatively high? For the size of a G43 that is?

I am relatively sure that I prefer the relatively low round count of 7 in the 43 with a relative certainty the design of the combination of pistol and mag will give me reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    "Relatively high capacity" ... Explain relatively in the context? If the G43 mag was made from steel only the inside dimensions of the mag might have been able to accommodate 1 extra round. Or maybe not, I am not sure. That would mean then in the explained scenario that a 7 round capability is relatively low but 8 is relatively high? For the size of a G43 that is?

I am relatively sure that I prefer the relatively low round count of 7 in the 43 with a relative certainty the design of the combination of pistol and mag will give me reliability.
    Compared to a Sig or that new Springfield, the G43 and Shield are low capacity. 10 vs 6. In the 43x you ten at the cost of a much longer grip. So my question was a technical one. Does glocks polymer over steel design not allow for a similar size to capacity ration or tdo they just not see the value in a small gun with that capacity.

User

Seems two things are happening with these,

1: You pretty have to replace the mag release to a metal one, otherwise the mag chews the polymer one up,
    2: Seems the consistency of production still is not there, different mags can present the rounds at completely different angles in the same gun

From what i'm seeing on the grams

User

Chewing of mag release is interesting. M&Ps have metal mags and plastic mag releases, my game gun's mag release has been working hard for 6y now, with no ill effect on the plastic part.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Chewing of mag release is interesting. M&Ps have metal mags and plastic mag releases, my game gun's mag release has been working hard for 6y now, with no ill effect on the plastic part.
    Probably the mags smaller dimensions are causing it to rock forward and back under recoil, they have a rib in the front, seems this is not completely controlling the problem.

The gun was not designed around that mag, M&Ps where designed around their mag.

User

Fair observation

User

From the Shield Arms web page:

Now that S15 mags arestarting to ship (more mags on the way for those of you who haven't received ashipping notification yet, updates here), let's talk about mag catches.
    Bottomline up front: we are now recommending that all S15 users upgrade their pistolswith an aluminum mag catch, either ours orsomeone else’s. Here’s why.
    First off, the proper termis mag catch, but we won’t complain if you call it a mag release (clipanyone?). S15 mags are of course made from steel, and Glock mag catches aremade from polymer. This combination is potentially problematic for anyone whoplans on actually using their pistol for more than an Instagram prop.
    The magcatch serves a few different purposes: it secures the mag in the frame of thepistol, but it also holds the magazine in the proper position withinthe frame. This is an important distinction. If the magazine sits too low ortoo high in the frame, the slide either won’t reciprocate, or rounds will notreliably strip off the magazine and feed into the chamber.
    Steel being harder thanplastic, eventually using S15 mags with a plastic catch will cause feedingproblems. How long this will take depends on a bunch of different factors, mostimportantly, your specific gun and how much you shoot. We have guns withplastic catches with many hundreds of rounds that are still functional, butsome customers report excessive wear after just a couple hundred rounds.Feeding issues also seem to occur much faster in early gen 1 (silver slide)guns with plastic catches vs. gen 2 (black slide) guns because of thedifferences in the frames.
    Since wecan’t predict when your plasticcatch will wear out enough to cause you issues, we are taking the safe routeand recommending that you swap out the plastic catch for an aluminum catch. We make onethat works great, but there are also other options on the market,and while we haven’t tested anyone else’s catch, presumably they work justfine.
    It’s not an expensive partto swap out, and the peace of mind is worth it.
    -Brandon

User

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glocks/comm...se_engagement/

Manufacturing tolerances or something,

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast