Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: 15 round magazine for G43x/49

Glock Goblin: Glock 43 does not have an extended magazine. only the 43x/48

User

I am still in a catch 22 over these.

I must admit that Jizni's pricing on these are BEAUTIFUL compared to the going rate a few months back from other shops, up to R1500 per mag and R900 for the catch....

So if I look at R2000 I can get ONE of these mags, but then I look at all the failures and issues I have never had with any of my Glock OEM mags, I saw on gunsite facebook a while back that some guys shield mag started chipping off at the neck...

BUT, I really want one, 15 rounds vs 10 rounds? Yes 15 rounds is better

Who has used these and put a substantial amount of rounds through them?

Is the Gen2 better?

User

I have 3x S15 Gen 1 magazines which my wife used extensively between my G48 and her 43X in IPSC.

the only issue we ever had was the magazine not seating properly if you have a round in the chamber and adding another full magazine with 14 or 15 rounds in. (trying to start 15+1 on a stage) Subsequently we changed the reloading strategy and only loaded the magazines with 14 rounds (ie 13+1) and not a single hickup for at least 800-1000 rounds.

Ive been lucky enough to start carrying my 48 2 weeks ago and im currently doing so with 13+1. I still ordered 2x Gen2 magazines from Jizni last night, will swop over to carrying that as my primary magazine once ive tested that too.

Ive got another 3 coming from Brownells with a +5 shoe as well but its been stuck in Romania for almost 4 weeks now so just decided to order 2 from Jizni in case those dont make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I am still in a catch 22 over these.

I must admit that Jizni's pricing on these are BEAUTIFUL compared to the going rate a few months back from other shops, up to R1500 per mag and R900 for the catch....

So if I look at R2000 I can get ONE of these mags, but then I look at all the failures and issues I have never had with any of my Glock OEM mags, I saw on gunsite facebook a while back that some guys shield mag started chipping off at the neck...

BUT, I really want one, 15 rounds vs 10 rounds? Yes 15 rounds is better

Who has used these and put a substantial amount of rounds through them?

Is the Gen2 better?
    I think DS (Deon Storm, owner of Hailstorm) has put some rounds through his. IIRC, he had no issues and EDC them now. But confirm first, before taking my word for it please.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Any updates on these guys reliability gen 2 especially?
    Thinking of getting them for my 43x

User

No issues, make sure you replace the mag catch too.

My advice is to carry 14+1 due to the very stiff spring in these mags. Even with the S15 and +5 shoe I only do 19+1. Combined nearly 4000 rounds and the only hickup my wife mostly encountered, was the difficulty to seat the mag if you have one in the chamber and the mag is loaded with 15.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    No issues, make sure you replace the mag catch too.

My advice is to carry 14+1 due to the very stiff spring in these mags. Even with the S15 and +5 shoe I only do 19+1. Combined nearly 4000 rounds and the only hickup my wife mostly encountered, was the difficulty to seat the mag if you have one in the chamber and the mag is loaded with 15.
    @Tman21

I'm interested to know whether you still use the OEM mags alongside the shield arms mags

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Its possible yes but the metal mag catch wil wear out the OEM MAG and could tgen potentially be a risk.

But im not sure why you would want to use OEM if you can or already use the S15

User

For range use or additional spare mags

I know of someone who has bought 1 shield mag and the mag release and carries OEM as spare

He says that it only becomes an issue after excessive use

So the safe way it seems is either shield all the way or only OEM but not both?

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Yeah, ive got about 5 Gen1 and 7 Gen2 mags, dont even know where to look for my OEM mags.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast