Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So... interesting question.

Apart from "10.5.13 Having a loaded firearm other than when specifically authorized by a Range Officer." under DQs, the IPSC rules (Jan 2019) are silent on this. I have asked Hein for clarity. Will report back... after which I shall either apologise to you, or insist that you apologise to me.

Toodles.
    Paul,

Out of curiosity I did the same last night and also came up empty. Please share Hein's answer because we can all learn from this.

Default Re: TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So... interesting question.

Apart from "10.5.13 Having a loaded firearm other than when specifically authorized by a Range Officer." under DQs, the IPSC rules (Jan 2019) are silent on this. I have asked Hein for clarity. Will report back... after which I shall either apologise to you, or insist that you apologise to me.

Toodles.
    The rules are very clear on this :

5.2 Holster and Other Competitor Equipment

5.2.1 Carry and storage – handguns must be carried unloaded, in a case or bag of a design intended or suitable for the safe carriage of firearms, or in a holster securely attached to the competitor’s belt. Violations are subject to Rule 10.5.13.

5.2.1.1 Competitors arriving at an IPSC match in possession of a loaded firearm must immediately report to a Range Officer, who will supervise unloading of the firearm. Competitors failing to comply may be subject to Rule 10.5.13.

5.2.1.2 Handguns carried in a holster must have an empty magazine well, and the hammer or striker must be decocked. Violations will incur a warning for the first occurrence, but will be subject to Rule 10.6.1 for subsequent occurrences in the same match.

It is mandatory that the latest edition of IPSC rules are followed, even at a Level I match.

Shooters walking around with loaded firearms during your matches is against the rules.

User

"Violations are subject to Rule 10.5.13."
    "
    Competitors failing to comply may be subject to Rule 10.5.13"

Rule 10.5.13 Having a loaded firearm other than when specifically authorized by a Range Officer.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Exactly.

Guzzlingbug... waiting for that apology.

Hein is sending me mail. Let's see if that can enlighten us.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by GuzzlingBug View Post
    Dear Paul #258.

Since you have actually only been involved with modern IPSC (Things have changed since your SAIRO RO status was still valid back in the day) for a few weeks, it may be worth your while to read the current IPSC rulebook & familiarize yourself with the new rules.

Best of luck to you and your top-notch Safety Officials.
    It’s been some time since I’ve seen a major cock on gunsite, and here you are, I know Paul likes to push boundaries but he has never broken them. Anyway cold ranges are like gun free zones; retarded as they don’t increase safety.

The only way this will become an issue for IPSC SA is if some nobjockey starts to play politics for personal gratification or ulterior motives.
    Last edited by CorditeCrazy; 25-11-2019 at 08:05.

I believe our implementation of rule 7.3.3. (or generally accepted lack thereof) may also be relevant to this discussion: "A person acting as a Match Official is prohibited from having a holstered firearm while directly accompanying and timing a competitor during his attempt at a COF. Violations are subject to Rule 7.2.2."

If cause were found to relax this rule in our context, the same may be possible for loaded firearms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    I believe our implementation of rule 7.3.3. (or generally accepted lack thereof) may also be relevant to this discussion: "A person acting as a Match Official is prohibited from having a holstered firearm while directly accompanying and timing a competitor during his attempt at a COF. Violations are subject to Rule 7.2.2."

If cause were found to relax this rule in our context, the same may be possible for loaded firearms.
    It's been some time since I've seen a good, constructive post on gunsite, and here you are...

User

I read a discussion some time ago about this exact same thing. If memory served the "Directive / Clarification" came from high up in IPSC. And it pretty-much says that RO's may carry because of our specific legal requirements. (Leaving guns in the car and such being a big No-No and all)

Agree, Marius.

That's another rule I see honoured more in the breech.

Does this apply to ALL matches, even Level 1?
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I read a discussion some time ago about this exact same thing. If memory served the "Directive / Clarification" came from high up in IPSC. And it pretty-much says that RO's may carry because of our specific legal requirements. (Leaving guns in the car and such being a big No-No and all)
    Makes sense. I'd like to see it black on white, though.
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast