Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Makes sense. I'd like to see it black on white, though.
    If I can find it I'll post the reference / link thingy. (It might have been on some GS thread even?)

User

Default Re: TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

My opinion...
    If there are safety concerns, let the RO's and/or select individuals carry hot.
    A lot of guns do not have drop safeties and to have a bunch of newbies at a L1 running around with hot guns is going to become an issue sooner or later

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    My opinion...
    If there are safety concerns, let the RO's and/or select individuals carry hot.
    A lot of guns do not have drop safeties and to have a bunch of newbies at a L1 running around with hot guns is going to become an issue sooner or later
    How is that different to carrying your EDC everyday? Why only select people? If you are competent to carry, carry.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    How is that different to carrying your EDC everyday?
    I don't carry a Shadow 2, STI... Did you miss the part about no drop safety?

Why only select people?
    Experience?

If you are competent to carry, carry.
    100%, but we talking about sport shooting, not edc.

User

How is that different to carrying your EDC everyday? Why only select people? If you are competent to carry, carry.
    1) its kind of the reverse of why a race car driver wears a helmet/fire retardant racing suit and the daily drivers do not.
    Game guns can be very different from EDC guns. EDC setup vs Game Setup

2) EDC kind of only involves you, no one else involved until shit happens. Shooting a sport involves the club, other shooters, range owners/operators and the relevant governing body. Since our sport is inherently dangerous, risk mitigation needs to be looked at. Less Shooters (does not matter the level of competence, newbies Master level shooters) carrying hot at a match is less risk.
    It is also not only about competence, most people are competent to use a utility knife, most people have cut themselves with a utility knife.
    Shit happens, stuff fails/break.

User

Some of you may easily be confused with fudds.

I see absolutely no reason why we can't carry hot all the time.

If drop safeties were a real concern maybe we shouldn't let them into our sport... I mean people usually drop them from the draw or mag change but they never just fall out of the holster...

I don't see the logic.
    If it's a saftey concern, I'd Rarther be safe from a more real danger than make up reasons as to why I don't trust my squad mates.... The same squad mates who I may or may not encourage to flirt with the 90.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

So your gamer holster doesn’t retain the gun well - holster issue not gun issue, plenty people carry, run with, do vigorous activities with guns that don’t have drop safety’s. Don’t know how experience factors into carrying hot, you are either competent to handle a firearm or not.

Everyone shits their pants at the thought of a hot gun in the holster of someone not shooting but no one has an issue with the shooter running around the COF with a hot gun in their hands where more shit can happen by accident than anywhere else. It seems to be a bit of fixing something that isn’t broken.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

So your gamer holster doesn’t retain the gun well - holster issue not gun issue, plenty people carry, run with, do vigorous activities with guns that don’t have drop safety’s. Don’t know how experience factors into carrying hot, you are either competent to handle a firearm or not.

Everyone shits their pants at the thought of a hot gun in the holster of someone not shooting but no one has an issue with the shooter running around the COF with a hot gun in their hands where more shit can happen by accident than anywhere else. It seems to be a bit of fixing something that isn’t broken.
    Infact I think that the holster thing might be against the rules.... #justsaying

User

I remember the days of "holster tests". Not again, please.

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Some of you may easily be confused with fudds.

I see absolutely no reason why we can't carry hot all the time.

If drop safeties were a real concern maybe we shouldn't let them into our sport... I mean people usually drop them from the draw or mag change but they never just fall out of the holster...

I don't see the logic.
    If it's a saftey concern, I'd Rarther be safe from a more real danger than make up reasons as to why I don't trust my squad mates.... The same squad mates who I may or may not encourage to flirt with the 90.
    Nothing to do with “fudds “ dude (fuck I hate that expression ) There are rules that need to be dealt with. And honestly lot of speed rigs are not designed to secure a loaded gun for extended period.

I’ve seen guns get dumped from holsters that weren’t set up properly, or suchlike while walking along. Or while standing talking.

While comments were obviously introduced here just to troll Tac shac , Let’s not forget the sport has rules. We may not like them all. But we also can’t pretend none have any reasoning.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast