Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: SAPSA / IPSC DISCUSSIONS

How many guys really need points for dss status after the first month or 2? You only need 6 points for Sapsa, so I've seen a lot of guys whose chase points, for what? Does it become a pissing competition to say PeWe I've got 50 points for this year? I compete to enjoy myself and normally have my 6 points within the first month or 2. So I'll will go shoot any comp just to compete and have fun. I've done Ipsc mainly, a couple of 3GN's, a couple of Bianchi, several steel challenges and even some Idpa shoots. And I had fun every time. Why are there always bitching and moaning and them versus us? Maybe somebody should start to use oval or pentagon targets then everybody can just shoot and enjoy the best sport in the world, after getting their minimum points for dss through their specific association?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    How many guys really need points for dss status after the first month or 2? You only need 6 points for Sapsa, so I've seen a lot of guys whose chase points, for what? Does it become a pissing competition to say PeWe I've got 50 points for this year? I compete to enjoy myself and normally have my 6 points within the first month or 2. So I'll will go shoot any comp just to compete and have fun. I've done Ipsc mainly, a couple of 3GN's, a couple of Bianchi, several steel challenges and even some Idpa shoots. And I had fun every time. Why are there always bitching and moaning and them versus us? Maybe somebody should start to use oval or pentagon targets then everybody can just shoot and enjoy the best sport in the world, after getting their minimum points for dss through their specific association?
    I think most of us are shooting the sport for the sport not the points. And when I shoot I want to shoot the sport as it’s intended.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Agreed. The problem is that some people just want (need) to be governed and take umbrage when others think for themselves
    Actually, it is the exact opposite. Without adherence to rules we are all at the mercy of whoever find themselves in a position of power.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I think most of us are shooting the sport for the sport not the points. And when I shoot I want to shoot the sport as it’s intended.
    What I mean is that I'll go and shoot a xyz match just for the enjoyment, even if there are zero dss points involved for me.

User

It's a level 1 match.... Consider it a fun run and get over it.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    Actually, it is the exact opposite. Without adherence to rules we are all at the mercy of whoever find themselves in a position of power.
    In general I have found that those in positions of power keep making rules to justify their position of power. Good rules like the 4 basic firearm safety rules make sense, are easy to comply with and are not complicated. Rules like “thou mays not carry hotteth” is akin to the “think of the children” argument. Regulation for the sale of regulation is daft and should be called out.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

In general I have found that those in positions of power keep making rules to justify their position of power. Good rules like the 4 basic firearm safety rules make sense, are easy to comply with and are not complicated. Rules like “thou mays not carry hotteth” is akin to the “think of the children” argument. Regulation for the sale of regulation is daft and should be called out.
    So much of this!

I can't figure out how some people think it's perfectly safe to run/jump/squat/etc with a loaded gun in your hand but it suddenly becomes a dangerous situation when the same gun is holstered.

User

Without rules it’s not a sport. If you don’t like them get the sport to change them or shoot a different sport. You don’t get to decide that in today’s football match you’re going to pick the ball up with your hands because you think it’s silly that you can’t.

User

Without rules it’s not a sport. If you don’t like them get the sport to change them or shoot a different sport. You don’t get to decide that in today’s football match you’re going to pick the ball up with your hands because you think it’s silly that you can’t.
    Kinda agree with you here, that's why I called it a fun run

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

When did I ever say discard the rules that dictate and direct how to play the game? I said discard the rules that have no bearing and are being inactes for the sale of making rules. The don’t carry hot is a prime one. It has zero impact on how the game is played. For example, and here I use myself, I rock up to shoot. I have my EDC in AIWB and strap on my DSS gun, I’m read to shoot. No wait! Your EDC is it loaded? Yes. Can’t do that. Why? It’s against the rules. That doesn’t effect the game at all and have no bearing to the sport. Why have it? Do you know understand now?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast