Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: GFSA on Daily Maverick (again)...

I think the biggest problem is that they are now going for the “all gun owners are knuckledraggers” angle. If anyone is able to comment on the DM it may be worth pointing out that it was even possible to get someone declared unfit to posses under the old act. If people are threatening them then they should press charges and the person will be declared unfit to possess, this proves that law in SA has always had the checks and balances required to prevent the mentally unstable from getting a license.

Daily Maverick won't let me comment unless I sign in or become an "insider." For a fee of course. I don't want to do either, fee or no fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Daily Maverick won't let me comment unless I sign in or become an "insider." For a fee of course. I don't want to do either, fee or no fee.
    Ditto

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Should we start supplying examples from the other side as well? One persons observations are not something that should be "the be all and end all" opinion forming statement. Good for him. I choose otherwise.

I struggle to follow the part where trust or distrust in his family is connected to gun ownership.

User

Overall the Maverick is a powerful force for good in this country. Without them stuff like the Gupta leaks and countless other corruption and state capture related investigations would never have happened. They have unfortunately got a lefty, bunny hugging, social justice slant to them which seems common to 'media professionals'. Since Ivo Vegter stopped writing for them I don't often read the opinion pieces. I'm very disappointed to hear about the article mentioned above.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Should we start supplying examples from the other side as well? One persons observations are not something that should be "the be all and end all" opinion forming statement. Good for him. I choose otherwise.

I struggle to follow the part where trust or distrust in his family is connected to gun ownership.
    Joseph Dube is a civil society advocate on small arms control and Disarmament. He has worked for civil society organisations including Amnesty International, Gun Free South Africa, International Action Network on Small Arms and the Catholic Church in Johannesburg.

He has attended numerous meetings on the UN Programme of Action on small arms and light weapons and on the Arms Trade Treaty in Africa, and at the UN headquarters.

User

Now would be a very good time to write an opinion piece on DM to argue for the benefit of guns for own and community protection given the total inability of SAPS to protect the citizens of the country after this week's attacks on civilian targets.

There is now enough evidence on how the ordinary citizens had to stand in and fend for themselves. Without access to small arms for the protection of our communities and businesses I would think the damage would have been multiplied by at least 3. There is no way in hell that GFSA would have an answer for this argument and it would also test DM's inpartiality with regards to Gun Control.

I did not see any GFSA members standing out in the front lines chatting with protestors and asking them to please stop. Fu&! GFSA!

GFSA must be sued for encouraging the government to disarm civilians.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast