Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Jackal control myths

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Anyway, other peoples problems are always easier to solve than your own. People who loudly condemn farmers for killing predators causing millions of Rand of damage, casually poison rodents in and around their homes for causing far less damage. The moment it starts eating into your budget the problem becomes much more personal and suddenly solutions that seemed unreasonable become acceptable.

Oh, and I actually quite like jackal, they are hardy, focused, efficient, intelligent, bad-assed canines and I often fall asleep, or wake, to their haunting calls. That does not stop me from hunting them though.
    Well said!

I also like jackal and have a few stories of encounters I have had with them where their behaviour made me put down the rifle and just watch them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    Please could you supply a little more detail about the rifles ..
    Make of Rifle
    Length and type of barell
    Make of Suppressor ( Silencer )
    Make of stock

Any other interesting information
    Being chambered for .243 AI would I imagine mean a dedicated custom build ?
    Those are identical twin rifles (except for the scopes) that shoot the same load equally good.
    Built by Trueworx as Kriek mentioned.

Remington700 action
    Krieger Heavy Palma barrel. 30" long. 1:14" twist rate.
    Trueworx suppressor
    McMillan A5 stock
    Triggertech Diamond Trigger
    Atlasworxs DBM
    AICS mags.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Some days a swear that if a greenie actually just spend two days with me in the veld and uses his freaking eyes he would learn more about it than a years worth of book reading.

Topics like these is where one must be clear even greenpeace uses diesel powered boats and use vehicles running off fossil fuels.
    Even the anc have no problem with firearms, they just want to be the only people that have them.
    When a quest is narrative driven instead of a quest for truth and justice it will ALWAYS fail.
    Why the bleeding hearts for jackal, why not a call for the re-introduction of all natural predators, huh?
    It’s because bleeding hearts still want their steak, they just don’t like the logic that comes with it.
    Christ, you are a pompous, condescending arse. Have you ever read what you write to people?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Christ, you are a pompous, condescending arse. Have you ever read what you write to people?
    Messor is correct, so what's the problem?

User

Wow, coming from you, that's rich...

you are a pompous, condescending arse. Have you ever read what you write to people?
    Uncalled for. Dial it back.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    ONLY proper detailed research with enough data to build statistical models that can be interrogated will prove or disprove such single / simple observations
    It is the difference between archival documentation -- and -- Oral [remembering] history.

I'm all for doing research on jackals, mostly which one f&*%ck's them up more, my 53gr V-Max or the 55gr one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    I'm all for doing research on jackals, mostly which one f&*%ck's them up more, my 53gr V-Max or the 55gr one.
    ONLY proper detailed research with enough data to build statistical models that can be interrogated will give you the answer you seek.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    ONLY proper detailed research with enough data to build statistical models that can be interrogated will give you the answer you seek.

Yup

User

One day I’ve been off this ship, one bloody day..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5