Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Mozambique Terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    Apologies for sounding flippant about the matter.

The fact of the matter is that the presence of ISIS has an economic effect on the gas production capacity of the investment.

They (owners) will protect their investment through PMC's. Which are already present for a while now in the area. I read sometime ago about Russian guys being targeted by ISIS.

SA would not do anything either too expensive or unfortunately too effective because the problem area is geographically distant. The effect of the problems as you stated are closer to home but that would unfortunately not be recognized early enough.

I believe that the issue will be dealt with by the private sector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries :)

Yes wagnar group from Russia got the contract over a South African company
    Seems from what I've read they were not equipped for African insurgency or environments and suffered

The awarding of the contract was def more political than anything else

In BRICS RSA doesn't really seem to hold its own

User

Just my two cents worth, and that’s all it’s worth. Executive Outcomes would have been my choice. That was probably the premier jungle fighting force on the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Just my two cents worth, and that’s all it’s worth. Executive Outcomes would have been my choice. That was probably the premier jungle fighting force on the continent.
    The African Continent? Are you talking historically?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Sadly EO is no more, but I think EB runs STTEP and they gave Boko Haram a kick in the groin and a bloody nose some time back
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Looks like Wagner didnt do their homework.

http://eebenbarlowsmilitaryandsecuri...ks-in.html?m=1

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    The African Continent? Are you talking historically?
    At the time EO was active only former SADF, Spear of the Nation, and former Rhodesian Army were being recruited. I know SA and Rhodesia had premier tier one units and SA still has a couple of top tier units today. Let’s face facts the current SANDF has quality problems. When EO got sent up north years ago with less than 200 men they had control within three months. Then the UN starts their bitching about South African mercenaries. EO is told to return home the U.N. Sends in 10,000 peacekeepers and within the month all hell breaks out again. The U.N. Is about as useless as a tit on a boar hog.

So I guess what I meant at the beginning was this. At the time EO was active it was the premier fighting force on the African continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    At the time EO was active only former SADF, Spear of the Nation, and former Rhodesian Army were being recruited. I know SA and Rhodesia had premier tier one units and SA still has a couple of top tier units today. Let’s face facts the current SANDF has quality problems. When EO got sent up north years ago with less than 200 men they had control within three months. Then the UN starts their bitching about South African mercenaries. EO is told to return home the U.N. Sends in 10,000 peacekeepers and within the month all hell breaks out again. The U.N. Is about as useless as a tit on a boar hog.

So I guess what I meant at the beginning was this. At the time EO was active it was the premier fighting force on the African continent.
    I think you'll find that the "Rhodesian Army" was pretty substantial, encompassed a variety of divisions and were pretty competent. It wasn't a little band of merry men with guns.

User

Our government will probably invite the ISIS leadership over for a meeting and photo op, like they did with Hamas, their fellow terrorists. If cANCer keeps hugging terrorists and nti-Western dictators then soon, Luthuli House will get blown up in a cruise missile strike, mark my words.

User

China has been increasing it's military interests in Africa for a while now and they have a decent amount of financial interest in Mozambique.
    This will no doubt give cause for them to deploy their peace keeping force into Moz and likely result in a permanent base at some point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I think you'll find that the "Rhodesian Army" was pretty substantial, encompassed a variety of divisions and were pretty competent. It wasn't a little band of merry men with guns.
    Springer, I don’t remember denigrating the Rhodesian Army, I am very aware of the professionalism of that great group of men and women. I have a great deal more respect for the former Rhodesian Army and the SADF than the average American. One of the bad things about the internet is that nuance can be lost at times on a computer screen.

I obviously did not articulate my thoughts fully and if I gave you the impression that the Rhodesian Army was a ragtag group of rednecks I apologize. My point was this, when EO was active (after Rhodesia was Zimbabwe and the SADF was now the SANDF) EO had the most disciplined professional force. Small? Yes. Effective? You better believe it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast