Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default R4's stolen from SANDF base

I cannot believe that it was possible to grind open safe doors on an army base.

Mr Cele, calling Mr Cele

User

Default Re: R4's stolen from SANDF base

Taken from Facebook.

User

Far more fun stuff to steal at a military base. Would like to know what was stolen that was not mentioned.

User

I dont see any safes, assuming these were locked up behind a strong door, walk in safe then. Which is an even greater concern.

User

What is the "Lyttleton military base"? The only base I know of in that suburb is AFB Waterkloof?

User

Wow! Someone is planning some Christmas shopping.

I remember doing guard duty and it was crap, but if something happened on your watch, there was hell to pay.

Perhaps an inside job.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

User

Tell me again how my guns are a problem and how much safer we would be if no one had a firearm in SA?

Probably was just in the Store room. So not a walk in safe with a steel door, Even at our SAPS the SAPS 13 Store where they store everything. Just has a normal wooden door and behind it a normal steel door with steel mesh type. So not at all really well protected.

User

It was at a Medical Health Unit.

User

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...on-sandf-base/

The SA National Defence Force (SANDF) says suspects have been taken in for questioning following the theft of weapons at a military base in Pretoria.
    The theft outraged Democratic Alliance shadow minister of defence Kobus Marais, who said the defence force had “let the nation down”.
    “The SANDF has let the nation down as criminals were allowed to stroll into the Lyttleton Military Base, and walk off with at least 19 R4 automatic rifles, manufactured for extreme warfare,” Marais said in a statement on Tuesday.
    “It is outrageous to even consider that access could be gained into a supposedly highly protected military facility and further grind open a volt where ammunition is kept.”
    He questioned how the military could protect the country when they were failing to protect their own assets.
    “What does this hold for South Africans in a time when they need to know the SANDF will keep them safe, as per the requirements of Section 200 of the Constitution? It certainly poses various questions about the preparedness of the SANDF to not only protect us as citizens but the supposedly safe and protected military installations all over South Africa,” Marais said.
    The SANDF had earlier issued a statement surrounding the incident.
    “The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) herein confirms an incident of a break-in where weapons were stolen at Engineering Formation, Lyttelton Tek Base. Investigations are under way and a few suspects have been taken in for questioning,” said SANDF spokesperson Siphiwe Dlamini.

The Democratic Alliance questioned how the latest break in had happened, saying there were key questions that the SANDF had to answer to.
    Marais asked how the criminals had gotten their hands on the vault key, whether this could have been an inside job, where the guards were positioned and why they failed to foil the break in.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast